Get Vaccinated and Boosted Against COVID-19
All OHIO students, faculty and staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. The University strongly encourages all students, faculty, and staff to get a booster shot.
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots
Ohio University strongly encourages all fully vaccinated students, faculty, and staff to get a COVID-19 booster shot as soon they are eligible. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention encourages everyone 12 years and older to receive a booster shot if it has been at least five months since their first Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after their single Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Per new guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Ohio Department of Health, individuals who have received a booster can avoid a five-day quarantine if exposed to COVID-19. We encourage you to upload your booster record as soon as possible so that you can avoid quarantine if exposed to the virus.
NOTE: You must complete this booster form independently of OHIO’s vaccine requirement form, even if your vaccine and booster are recorded on the same card you uploaded on the vaccine requirement form. Only those who are fully vaccinated and have recorded their vaccination series through the COVID-19 Testing Pathway Program can access this booster recording form.
Campus partners including Heritage College Community Health Programs, the College of Health Sciences and Professions, the School of Nursing, the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OHIO COVID Operations, OhioHealth Campus Care, and the Athens City-County Health Department have collaborated to provide the following calendar of opportunities to get a vaccine on campus.
|Friday, Jan. 21, 2022||8 a.m.-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic, Grosvenor West|
|Friday, Jan. 28, 2022||8 a.m.-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic, Grosvenor West|
|Friday, Feb. 4, 2022||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic, Grosvenor West|
|Friday, Feb. 11, 2022||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic, Grosvenor West|
|Friday, Feb. 18, 2022||9 a.m.-12 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic, Grosvenor West|
|Friday, Feb. 25, 2022||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic, Grosvenor West|
OhioHealth Campus Care
- Ohio University students can call Campus Care at (740) 592-7100 to schedule a vaccine.
- Appointments preferred but walk-ins welcome.
- Appointments available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Regional campus vaccine clinic dates and times will be announced as they are scheduled.
Schedule a vaccine/booster online or by phone
- Schedule a vaccine online anywhere in Ohio, including at many of the walk-in clinics listed above: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Contact local health departments in any county hosting an OHIO campus to schedule a vaccine or find out about local vaccine clinics: https://www.ohio.edu/coronavirus/health-departments
- To schedule a vaccine by phone anywhere in Ohio, call the Ohio Department of Health at 1-833-427-5634.
Safety & Science
The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe sickness, hospitalization, and death. Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself, and the best way to protect our Bobcat community.
- All three COVID-19 vaccines available in the U.S. have been thoroughly tested and found to be safe in preventing severe COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 vaccines were developed using science that has been around for decades and have undergone the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free and available for everyone in the United States at no cost, regardless of insurance or immigration status.
Get a Flu Vaccine
Seasonal flu results in millions of illnesses each year in the United States and has the potential to affect learning and other activities on OHIO’s campuses if there is an outbreak. During the COVID-19 pandemic, flu also could have a particularly strong impact on health care systems that are already overwhelmed. The best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine every year.