Ohio University is offering incentives for newly vaccinated students, faculty, and staff who beat the November 15 vaccination requirement deadline.
Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19
Mass Vaccination Clinics at Heritage Hall
OHIO will host the following COVID-19 mass vaccination clinics:
- Friday, Sept. 17, at Heritage Hall on the Athens campus from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 24 at Heritage Hall on the Athens campus from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
To make an appointment for a vaccine, visit gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov, use Access Code B4P8PAQMNO, search for ZIP code 45701, and you will see the appointment slots available at Heritage Hall on Friday. Walk-ins are welcome but making an appointment in advance will reduce your wait time at the clinic.
The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe sickness, hospitalization, and death, including from the Delta variant. Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself, and the best way to protect our Bobcat community.
- All three COVID-19 vaccines available in the U.S. have been thoroughly tested and found to be safe in preventing severe COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 vaccines were developed using science that has been around for decades and have undergone the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free and available for everyone in the United States at no cost, regardless of insurance or immigration status.
Campus partners including Heritage College Community Health Programs, the College of Health Sciences and Professions, the School of Nursing, the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OHIO COVID Operations, OhioHealth Campus Care, and the Athens City-County Health Department have collaborated to provide the following calendar of opportunities to get a vaccine on campus.
|Thursday, Sept. 16||8 a.m.-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Friday, Sept. 17||8:30-11:30 a.m.||Heritage Hall|
|Friday, Sept. 24||8:30-11:30 a.m.||Heritage Hall|
|Friday, Sept. 24||9 a.m.-3 p.m.||Shively Hall|
|Friday, Oct. 1||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Thursday, Oct. 7||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Saturday, Oct. 9||12-3 p.m.||OHIO Football Game, Convocation Center|
|Thursday, Oct. 14||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||Baker University Center Room 240/242|
|Friday, Oct. 15||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Friday, Oct. 22||9 a.m.-3 p.m.||Shively Hall|
|Thursday, Oct. 28||12-2 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Thursday, Nov. 4||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Friday, Nov. 12||9 a.m.-3 p.m.||Shively Hall|
|Friday, Nov. 19||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Thursday, Dec. 2||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
|Thursday, Dec. 9||9 a.m.-3 p.m.||Shively Hall|
|Friday, Dec. 17||12-4 p.m.||Heritage Community Clinic|
OhioHealth Campus Care
- Ohio University students can call Campus Care at (740) 592-7100 to schedule a vaccine.
- Appointments preferred but walk-ins welcome.
- Appointments available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Schedule a vaccine by phone
- In Athens County: Call the Athens City-County Health Department at 740-592-4431.
- Anywhere in Ohio: Call the Ohio Department of Health at 1-833-427-5634.
Regional Campuses and Beyond
Students, faculty, and staff on regional campuses can contact their local health departments for vaccine opportunities, or find local pharmacies and other organizations offering vaccines anywhere at vaccines.gov.
|Thursday, Sept. 16||12-2 p.m.||Ohio University Zanesville|
|Thursday, Sept. 16||9 a.m.-2 p.m.||Ohio University Southern - Rotunda|
|Friday, Sept. 17||8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.||Ohio University Lancaster - Wilkes Gallery|
|Friday, Sept. 17||9 a.m.-12 p.m.||Ohio University Southern - Rotunda|
|Thursday, Sept. 23||9-11 a.m.||Ohio University Chillicothe - Bennett Hall Art Gallery|
|Thursday, Sept. 23||1-3 p.m.||Ohio University Chillicothe - Bennett Hall Art Gallery|
|Friday, Sept. 24||9 a.m.-12 p.m.||Ohio University Southern - Rotunda|
|Thursday, Oct. 14||1-4 p.m.||Ohio University Chillicothe - Bennett Hall Art Gallery|