Testing Pathway Compliance Expectations, Exemptions, & Accommodations
All OHIO students, faculty, and staff are expected to select a Testing Pathway. Those who select the Weekly Testing Pathway or do not select a pathway will be required to test weekly.
Testing Compliance Expectations
- Regular testing schedule: It is the responsibility of the student, faculty, or staff member to complete testing based on their chosen Testing Pathway, and to schedule or order their tests based on campus location.
- COVID Operations communications: COVID Operations will share important information and updates from the following addresses: COVIDoperations@ohio.edu and email@example.com, and via phone call. All students, faculty and staff are expected to read these emails and answer phone calls. Nonreceipt of emails due to opting out will not be accepted as an excuse for not being aware of asymptomatic testing requirements, news or updates. Those who have opted out of receiving emails from COVID Operations in the past are expected to opt back in by following the instructions at this link. Be sure to check your junk folders to make sure that you are not missing any important information.
- Change in pathway selection: It is the responsibility of the student, faculty, or staff member to change their pathway selection from the Weekly Testing Pathway to the Vaccination Pathway if they choose to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals can change their pathway submission using a unique link provided in the Testing Pathway confirmation email. The link is also available by email request to COVIDoperations@ohio.edu.
- Presidential Health Directives: Testing is one important component of prevention on campus. Students, faculty and staff also are expected to follow the Presidential Health Directives, which include requirements for face coverings, contact tracing, quarantine and isolation, physical distancing, and testing.
Individuals on the Weekly Testing Pathway can submit a request for exemption from testing for the following reasons and must receive an official approval and exemption instructions from COVID Operations before they are considered exempt:
- Individuals who have selected the Weekly Testing Pathway and who will be away from campus for more than seven days, including those no longer accessing campus for the semester, can request an exemption from testing requirements. Their access to campus will be restricted during their time away from campus.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 are exempt from testing for 90 days from the date of the positive test. An OHIO COVID Campus Liaison will provide additional details after you report your positive test.
Note: You must be logged into your OHIO account to access the exemption form.
Individuals may request a disability or other accommodation.