OHIO students, faculty, and staff on the Athens campus will participate in asymptomatic testing at the Vault Health’s on-campus testing center.
COVID-19 Testing Pathway Program
Choosing a Pathway
Testing asymptomatic individuals helps University leaders understand whether virus incidence is decreasing or increasing among the campus community, providing information about infection rates and trends. It also helps the University identify and isolate positive individuals, with the goal of reducing spread and identifying potential outbreaks.
Students, faculty and staff must select one of two pathways to contribute to the safety of our campus communities: the Vaccination Pathway or the Weekly Testing Pathway.
- Vaccination Pathway: Those individuals who are fully vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination will not have to participate in weekly asymptomatic testing.
- Weekly Testing Pathway: Those individuals who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 will be required to take an asymptomatic test once a week (once every seven days).
IMPORTANT: If you are a current faculty or staff member who has both an employee email address and an OHIO student email address, please use your employee email address when you make your pathway selection.
All OHIO community members are expected to choose either the Vaccination Pathway or the Weekly Testing Pathway. Those who do not select a pathway will be expected to test once a week. Everyone, vaccinated or not, will need to continue following the Presidential Health Directives.
Changing Your Pathway
The “Choose My Pathway” button will not work if you have previously selected a pathway. Individuals can change their pathway submission using the unique link provided in their Testing Pathway confirmation email. The link is also available by email request to COVIDoperations@ohio.edu for those who no longer have access to the link.
Bobcats Get Vaxxed Giveaway
Fully vaccinated students who select the Vaccination Pathway (and upload their vaccine card) through the COVID-19 Testing Pathway Program will automatically be entered into weekly drawings for special OHIO prizes, including scholarships and unique experiences.
Athens Campus Vault Health Testing
Regional Campus Vault Health Testing
OHIO students, faculty, and staff on regional and extension campuses will participate in asymptomatic testing with Vault Health’s test kits, which will be available for pickup on the campuses.
- Testing is required for all unvaccinated students, faculty, and staff who access campus, regardless of on- or off-campus residence. Fully vaccinated students, faculty, and staff must select the Vaccination Pathway and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to be exempt from testing.
- Testing is required even if you will only access campus occasionally, including visits to facilities like University libraries, labs, and clinical/ educational experiences, in addition to face-to-face classes. Examples of accessing campus include:
- Living in a residence hall
- Attending a face-to-face class
- Working on campus
- Playing a team sport
- Doing research on campus
- Accessing campus to complete requirements such as flight hours
- Using any campus facility (Ping Center, Alden Library, etc.)
- Living in sorority and fraternity houses
- Regardless of pathway, individuals may be asked to complete additional testing, if warranted, to curb a potential outbreak.
- Some colleges and departments may require testing of students participating in internships, clinicals, field experiences, or other experiential learning activities.
- Third- and fourth-year students in the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine who are on rotations do not need to test regularly. However, if they are accessing campus for clinicals/labs and unvaccinated, they must complete a Vault test no more than three days prior to their expected arrival on campus.
These testing requirements were created in consultation with local public health officials and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is possible that testing requirements could change based on revised guidance from the Athens City-County Health Department, the Ohio Department of Health, or the CDC.
Not vaccinated? Schedule an appointment.
In Ohio you can register to attend a clinic in your community via the state's online portal. Outside of Ohio, check your state health department’s website for information on how to schedule an appointment.
About Vault Health
Ohio University has partnered with Vault Health to conduct asymptomatic COVID-19 testing.
Testing Pathway Compliance Expectations & Exemptions
All OHIO students, faculty, and staff are expected to select a Testing Pathway.