Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be assigned to isolation housing for typically 10 days.
Quarantine & Isolation Housing
Ohio University provides quarantine/isolation housing for students living on campus who are paying room and board fees. Students may return home to their permanent address for quarantine or isolation, but we encourage families to consider the safety implications of travel and potential exposure to other family members or individuals.
There are four COVID-related scenarios that could result in a student needing Q/I housing:
Isolation Housing: COVID-19 Positive
Isolation Housing: Symptomatic & Awaiting Test Results
Students who are awaiting COVID-19 results and are also experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be assigned to symptomatic isolation housing. If the student's test result is positive, they will be moved to isolation housing for typically 10 days.
Quarantine Housing: COVID-19 Exposure Contact
Unvaccinated students who have been identified through contact tracing will be assigned to quarantine housing for typically 14 days.
Quarantine Housing: International Arrival
Unvaccinated students arriving to campus following international travel are required to quarantine for seven days. Students who will live on campus in a residence hall for Fall 2021 will quarantine on campus in designated quarantine housing.
Please note that university-provided quarantine and isolation housing is only available to students living on-campus and paying room and board fees.
Isolation/Quarantine Housing Amenities
All students assigned to isolation or quarantine housing will be provided with the following:
Linens (sheets, blankets, towels, pillows)
Transportation to the quarantine/isolation hall
Support chats with the Counselor in Residence on Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00–9:00 p.m. via Teams. Students will receive this link in their email follow-up message from the department
Routine follow-up by an assigned COVID Campus Liaison
Information in the room for students about expectations and how to access staff for questions or emergency needs
Isolation/Quarantine Essential Packing List
Students may wish to bring the following items with them when they move to isolation or quarantine housing:
- Medicine in case symptoms develop (ibuprofen or acetaminophen, thermometer, tissues, cough drops, over-the-counter cough, cold or flu medication, nasal saline, hand sanitizer, lip balm, prescription medication)
- Household cleaner to clean surfaces
- Snacks or microwavable meals
- Laundry supplies (high efficiency detergent)
- Rolls of quarters (if not using Bobcat Cash) for laundry/vending
- Shower supplies
- Paper towels
- Your favorite comfort items
- Basic items for microwave cooking
- Silverware and microwave-safe dishes
- Dish soap
Isolation/Quarantine Meal Orders
- Students will receive information via email from Housing and Residence Life about ordering meals before they move to an isolation or quarantine hall.
- Students may use their meal plan to order meals for delivery while in isolation/quarantine meals delivered. Students without a meal plan may charge the cost to their student account.
- Students should use this online form to order Quarantine and Isolation Housing meals. They need submit the form only once for the duration of their stay (do not submit the form more than once). The last option on the form is to request an email receipt; students should always check this box. If they receive a confirmation in two minutes or less, Culinary Services has received their information. If they do not receive a confirmation, call 740-597-9037 by 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and by 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
- Culinary Services begins making its main deliveries at 11 a.m. each day. Orders are due by 10 a.m. to make the main delivery. Orders received after 10 a.m. will be delivered in batches through 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and until 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Orders received after those times will be delivered the next day.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Allowances for Isolation, Quarantine, and Remain-in-Room
For details regarding support, food, packages, laundry, and more for those under isolation, quarantine, or remain-in-room orders, refer to this chart.