With the start of a New Year and tax time quickly approaching, the Ohio University payroll office would like to remind employees that you can expedite delivery of your 2021 IRS W-2 form and protect yourself against identity theft by opting in to receive your W-2 electronically. If you wish to do so, please sign up no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 14.
If you would like opt-in to receive your W-2 electronically, please follow these steps:
- Log into My Personal Information at myhr.ohio.edu(opens in a new window).
- Multi-factor authentication is required to access My Personal Information. If you have not yet enrolled in multi-factor authentication, please visit ohio.edu/oit/accounts/multi-factor for enrollment instructions.
- After logging in, choose Other Misc. Information in the left navigation menu.
- Scroll to the OU Electronic Consent section and select Update.
- In the field next to I consent to receive my W-2 on-line: Select Y or N, enter a Y and select Apply.
- Select Next and review your choice.
- Select Submit to finish. The payroll office will notify you via email in January when your W-2 is available online.
Additional instructions are available online at ohio.edu/hr/resources/hr-system-training.
By electing to receive your W-2 electronically, your legal document is more secure than the paper version which contains your Social Security number and annual earnings. You will also have earlier access to your W-2 when opting-in to electronic delivery.
Employees who sign up for electronic delivery will be notified by email as soon as their W-2 is available. Employees who choose not to sign up for electronic delivery can expect paper W-2 forms to be mailed no later than Jan. 31, 2022.
If you have elected to receive your W-2 electronically in previous years, you are not required to do so again. If you have additional questions, please email the Payroll Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice was included in Ohio News.