Housing and Dining Contracts
- All students with active housing and dining contracts for Fall 2020 will receive a communication from Housing and Residence Life in the coming week regarding adjustments to their housing and dining contracts, assignments, and associated charges.
- Students approved for Phase 1 will receive an updated fall semester housing assignment, with charge adjustments as appropriate. Dining plans will remain as currently selected.
- The University will automatically exempt any student not included in Phase 1 from the fall semester portion of their annual housing and dining contract at this time and will reverse those charges.
- For students who require housing for an extenuating circumstance, there will be a process to submit a request to receive approval to return to campus for academic success. Students without a permanent place of residence and other students who have a demonstrated need will be allowed to apply for on-campus housing. An application for consideration to reside on campus must be submitted and can be found at ohio.edu/myhousing under Contracts and Applications.
- Students who are eligible and choose to return to campus in Phase 2 will receive a new housing assignment, and revised housing and dining charges will be assessed accordingly.
- Students will be charged a prorated amount of their housing and dining appropriate to the number of remaining weeks for housing or meals served in fall semester. While all fall students will be assigned a single room for fall semester, they will be assessed at the lower double occupancy rate that is applicable to their assigned hall. Phase 2 meal plans will begin with lunch on Thursday, September 24.
- As was the case in Phase 1, students without a permanent place of residence or other extenuating circumstances may apply for an exception to reside on campus during Phase 2. Visit www.ohio.edu/myhousing for additional information.
Visit the Dining on Campus web page for more information about safety precautions are being implemented by Culinary Services.