Wide net asymptomatic testing with CVS
Ohio University has partnered with CVS to conduct asymptomatic COVID-19 testing as part of a wide-net testing program. This testing strategy allows the University to quickly test those in near contact with people with positive test results, allowing us to identify and intervene in outbreaks early.
CVS uses the Abbott ID NOW, rapid molecular, self-administered nasal swab tests. There is no cost for students or employees to take the test, and results are available in 15 minutes. Individuals will visit Grosvenor West 111 to take a test:
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your appointment
- Bring your student or employee ID and phone with you.
- A trained CVS staff member will walk you through your swab test.
- You may leave after your test is complete. Results will be available in 15 minutes or less via text or MyChart. You will receive more information about signing up for a MyChart account as part of the testing process.
If you receive a positive test result, you must complete the following action steps immediately:
- Call the Ohio University COVID-19 Hotline: 877-OU-COV19 (877-682-6819)
- Submit an Ohio University COVID-19 Incident Report
- If living on campus, notify Housing and Residence Life immediately by emailing email@example.com. Relocation to on-campus isolation housing will be communicated and coordinated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Prepare for a call from a COVID Campus Liaison, who will ask you for a list of anyone you have been in close contact with in the 48 hours prior to testing. Your assigned CCL also will help you arrange for any resources you need to successfully isolate. All OHIO students, faculty and staff are expected to use these resources.