OHIO COVID Campus Liaisons
To address the needs of individuals on OHIO campuses who are acutely affected by COVID-19, OHIO COVID Operations has built a team of COVID campus liaisons (CCLs). These experienced care professionals are trained and ready to assist students, faculty and staff with any need that may arise when COVID affects them in some way. All communications with CCLs are confidential, private and subject to HIPAA and FERPA regulations, with the goal of balancing the safety of the community and the privacy of the individuals involved.
Our CCLs work in many ways to achieve two main goals:
- Provide direct care and support to individuals on behalf of Ohio University
- Protect the university community more broadly by ensuring individuals can successfully and safely manage quarantine or isolation
OHIO CCLs help students, faculty and staff on all OHIO campuses who have tested positive or were potentially exposed to COVID-19 access the resources and services they need. By helping individuals successfully manage COVID-19 experiences, we can help keep our campus communities safe.
Through a partnership with the Athens City-County Health Department and the State of Ohio, our team of CCLs conducts case investigations and contact tracing for OHIO-related COVID-19 exposures on the Athens campus. This will allow us to help affected individuals efficiently and comprehensively.
When an OHIO community member tests positive, is exposed to a COVID-positive individual or submits an Incident Report form, they are assigned a CCL, who will be in contact to connect them with appropriate resources and services. CCLs also process the paperwork that gives people in isolation or quarantine clearance to return to campus; submitting the required COVID-19 Incident Report form promptly and staying in touch with CCLs are important steps in making a timely return to campus.
Our CCL team is available by phone (740.566.8445) and email (COVIDoperations@ohio.edu) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and noon to 5 p.m. on weekends.
Covid Campus Liaisons help with all of the following and more:
- Assistance navigating all elements of COVID: access to testing, medical care, mental health support and community resources
- Being there to listen and support
- Help with planning and strategizing for a successful quarantine, isolation or return to normal activities
- Liaise with and notify campus partners and university offices
- Contact tracing
- Return-to-campus process and access restriction
- Regular check-ins and support
- Connection to specific support services and resources
- Academic and employment success
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Entertainment and things to do
- Basic needs, food security, etc.
- Access (micro-grants, tech resources, childcare, etc.)
- Other needs and concerns
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have any other OHIO campus-related COVID questions, on any OHIO campus, contact the COVID Operations team at 740.566.8445 or email COVIDoperations@ohio.edu.
Once a positive case is identified, a COVID Campus Liaison will contact the patient and begin contact tracing on behalf of Athens City-County Health Department. Anyone who was in close contact with the individual within the window of disease onset will be contacted and must isolate from other individuals for 14 days.
Close contact is considered within six feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes in a 24-hour period. Students who were in class or in other spaces with a positive student during which all individuals were maintaining a six-foot physical distance will likely not be considered close contacts or have a need for monitoring or isolation.
Feeling Fine but Want a COVID Test?
Any OHIO employee or student who is not experiencing symptoms but would like an asymptomatic test can use this online scheduler to schedule a test on the Athens campus at the Vault Health testing location at the Ohio University Golf and Tennis center. Submit this form if you're on a regional campus and would like to request a Vault at-home test.