Bobcats Get Vaxxed
Bobcats: Get vaccinated against COVID-19 and you’ll be eligible to win some very special OHIO prizes.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 will not just protect you. It will also help keep our whole Bobcat family safe and healthy and ensure the best possible fall semester!
If most students, faculty and staff are vaccinated, it will help prevent a majority of sickness, quarantine and isolation on our campuses. This would also prevent spread of disease into the communities where our campuses are located.
Because this is so important to the health of our University communities, fully vaccinated students who select the Vaccination Pathway (and upload their vaccine card) through the COVID-19 Testing Pathway Program will automatically be entered into weekly drawings for the following prizes:
- Week 1: Your choice of a $500 scholarship* or a one-hour personal fall photo shoot for you and up to three friends on any OHIO campus. Select the Vaccination Pathway by July 15 to be eligible.
- Week 2: Your choice of a $500 scholarship* or a VIP ride in the 2021 OHIO Homecoming Parade. Select the Vaccination Pathway by July 22 to be eligible.
- Week 3: Your choice of a $500 scholarship* or a drink named after you at the Front Room Coffeehouse for the rest of the academic year. Select the Vaccination Pathway by July 29 to be eligible.
- Week 4: Your choice of a $500 scholarship* or dinner with OHIO Men's Basketball head coach Jeff Boals. Select the Vaccination Pathway by August 5 to be eligible.
- Week 5: Grand prize scholarship valued at full in-state tuition for fall 2021 semester.* Drawing includes all eligible students on all campuses. Select the Vaccination Pathway by August 12 to be eligible.
NOTE: You only need to select the Vaccination Pathway one time. Once you have completed your pathway selection (or if you already selected the Vaccination Pathway in the past), you will be entered into all subsequent drawings for prizes.
We will draw two winners each week during weeks one through four: one Athens campus student and one student from a regional campus. Each winner can select the prize of their choice. Week five's grand prize drawing will include all eligible students from all campuses and we will award one prize.
Not vaccinated yet but want to be? Schedule a vaccine anywhere in the United States
Who is eligible?
Degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate/professional, and medical students on any OHIO campus, who are currently enrolled for fall semester 2021 and who have selected the Vaccination Pathway (and uploaded their vaccine card) at the time of the drawing, are eligible to win. All students who already have selected the Vaccination Pathway automatically are entered.
Employees receiving educational benefits are not eligible to participate.
COVID Operations will conduct the drawing and contact each winner after verifying eligibility. Winners will be announced on the COVID Ops social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and in Keeping Bobcats Informed.
To be eligible and automatically entered in the weekly prize drawings, participants must have selected the Vaccination Pathway and uploaded their completed vaccine card by 11:59 p.m. on the date listed above for each weekly drawing. Students must accept or decline the prize within 72 hours or COVID Operations will draw a new winner. If a winner is not selected during a given week, the prize offering will roll over to the next week. Experience prizes must be redeemed and completed by December 31, 2021.
*Weekly scholarship prizes are valued at $500. Grand prize is valued at one semester’s in-state tuition and fees for the fall semester of the 2021-22 academic year to a degree-seeking, enrolled Ohio University student. Valued at in-state actual assessed tuition and fees, not to exceed the full-time (12-20 credit hours) undergraduate amount of $6,324, regardless of the student’s level or field of study. Students receiving University scholarships and grants that cover full cost of attendance are not eligible for scholarship prizes but may accept experience prizes. Students receiving employee dependent benefits are eligible only for the non-covered portion of their tuition and fees. Federal student aid recipients may experience adjustments in their overall financial aid package. All or part of the awards may be taxable.