Revised Academic Calendar
Ohio University will operate in a reduced density model with a revised academic calendar that is intended to reduce travel between hometown and campuses.
- Spring semester classes will begin on Tuesday, January 19 instead of Monday, January 11, regardless of modality or location.
- The University will host its annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration on Monday, January 18, 2021.
- Spring Break will be eliminated to discourage travel to and from campus.
- Students will be provided with three mini-breaks days – Tuesday, February 9; Wednesday, March 3; and Thursday, April 1.
- Classes will conclude by April 24, with most final exams held between Monday, April 26 and Friday, April 30.
- A phased return to the Athens campus
- A fall semester start date of August 24, regardless of modality or location
- Observation of Labor Day and Veterans Day as holidays, and the elimination of Fall Break
- Early departure from on-campus activities the weekend before Thanksgiving break to allow the weekend before the holiday for a paced exit from campus. November 20, 2020, will be the last day of in-person instruction for fall semester for most undergraduate classes except for regional campus clinical, practica and lab-based classes, and the final portion of instruction.
- Examination/assessment week to be conducted remotely to allow for a paced exit from campus.