Revised Academic Calendar
Ohio University will operate in a reduced density model with a revised academic calendar that is intended to reduce travel between hometown and campuses.
This model includes:
- A phased return to the Athens campus;
- A fall semester start date of August 24, regardless of modality or location;
- Observation of Labor Day and Veterans Day as holidays, and the elimination of Fall Break;
- Early departure from on-campus activities the weekend before Thanksgiving break to allow the weekend before the holiday for a paced exit from campus. November 20, 2020, will be the last day of in-person instruction for fall semester for most undergraduate classes except for regional campus clinical, practica and lab-based classes, and the final portion of instruction.
- Examination/assessment week to be conducted remotely to allow for a paced exit from campus.