Aug 5, 2013
By George Mauzy
University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has released its annual report, which is a summary of many of the initiatives and projects the department has piloted throughout the academic year as well as a showcase of some of the work completed by students that are mentored by UCM staff.
UCM has worked hard to find innovative and interesting ways to promote the unique people and programs that make Ohio University a special place. Every day, UCM staff work to:
• Produce and promote stories that feature the remarkable achievements of OHIO students, faculty, staff, and alumni
• Build and strengthen connections with regional and national media
• Create and deliver multimedia projects that capture the vibrant, picturesque atmosphere of our campus
• Contribute ideas and creative strategies to elevate the national profile of Ohio University and its programs
Here are a few of the highlights of this year's annual report:
• More than 12,000 earned media mentions during 2012-13 academic year
• "Appalachia Rising: Stories of Hope and Achievement from Ohio's Appalachian Hills and Valleys," a publishing partnership with Ohio University Press that chronicles the human impact of Ohio University in the region
• Helped develop "It's You" as core theme of new Ohio University branding initiative
• Award-winning documentary chronicling voice actress Nancy Cartwright's return to campus as the 2012 Commencement speaker
• New OHIO Social Media Directory
• Meet the Dean video series that introduced newly hired college deans to the Ohio University community
• Collaboration with Ohio University planning units and the City of Athens to provide updates on major construction projects on or near the Athens campus
• Partnership with Advancement on Compass series that highlighted faculty and staff giving for the Promise Lives Campaign
"This past year yielded more teamwork, more collaborative partnerships, and more positive visibility for the University," said Renea Morris, UCM executive director. "I am extremely proud of the staff and the students who made this past year one of the most productive for the team."
Another key feature available on this year's UCM Annual Report website is the downloadable 2013-14 calendar wallpapers, which feature beautiful campus scenes each month.
The UCM Annual Report is a production of OHIO's University Communications and Marketing team. To read the annual report and download the calendar, click here.