Photo courtesy of: Shari Clarke
Apr 18, 2014
From staff reports
The Ohio University administration has taken another step toward improving diversity at the University and in the community.
New Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion Shari Clarke recently announced the creation of the University's inaugural Diversity Advisory Council.
Clarke said the representative, deliberative group has been charged with considering diversity matters on all six Ohio University campuses and the local community. The Council's goals will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion in creating a campus climate that welcomes and respects diverse individuals
• Work with and advise the Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion on issues and matters concerning the promotion and inclusion of diversity
• Assist in identifying ways to educate and inform the community on issues of diversity and inclusion
• Provide guidance for dealing with sensitive diversity issues that may be of concern
• Positively promote the programs, resources and services of the Division of Diversity & Inclusion
The Diversity Advisory Council will meet twice per academic year, once each semester. In the event of a sensitive issue or concern, the Council will be convened for advice and counsel. The Council will meet for the first time this spring. Diversity Advisory Council members include: