Apr 22, 2013
From staff reports
To further support the work/life balance for Ohio University staff members, the University encourages departments to offer staff members flexibility in their hours of work during the summer term.
The Summer Hours Guidelines are as follows:
- Departments are to be open during the normal University operating hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Summer hours will begin the Monday after graduation, May 6, 2013, and end on the Friday prior to the beginning of fall semester, August 23, 2013.
- Work start times may be varied and staggered within departments to maintain University hours of operation. The one-hour lunch period may be reduced to a half-hour lunch. Examples of flexible schedules:
- 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Half-hour lunch
- 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. One-hour lunch
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Half-hour lunch
- 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Half-hour lunch
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. One-hour lunch
- Summer hours may be discontinued by the department for operational reasons prior to the official end date.
- Summer hours are intended to provide flexibility for staff members, but adherences to working a full shift is required.
- Departments are encouraged to seek guidance from Policy #40.053, Flextime and Flexplace Scheduling to consider further options for Classified Staff and Policy #40.063, Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Hours, and Flexplace for Administrators.
- Please contact University Human Resources with any questions regarding Summer Hours flexibility for Administrative and Classified Staff.
- Departments with only one employee should collaborate with other departments to provide crossover coverage and ensure coverage during the University's hours of operation, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The University hopes that this added flexibility enhances your life at work and home.