Where’s that office?
Construction and contraction cause campus relocations
Feb 6, 2013
From staff reports
Between the renovation of Lindley Hall and units consolidating their spaces, a number of university offices have moved or will be moving. Please note these new locations:
- In mid-December, Counseling and Psychological Services relocated to Cady Hall due to during the renovation of the third floor of Hudson Hall. Cady Hall, a former residence hall, is located in the South Green, between coordinates J-6 and K-6 on the Athens Campus map. It is marked as building 124 on the map.
- In late November, Legal Affairs moved from Lindley Hall 185 to the West Union Street Office Center room 150 (former HDL Center). The office's new mailing address is 51 Smith St., Athens, OH 45701.
- Several other programs and departments from Lindley Hall have relocated to 31 S. Court St. (the former Woolworth building):
- Ground level: School of Film and School of Interdisciplinary Arts
- First floor: African-American Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies, McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems, Office of Multicultural Student Access and Retention
- Individual offices of programs that have primary occupancy in other buildings that were in Lindley but have moved are:
- Classified Senate, Administrative Senate, University College: 31 S. Court St.
- Schools of Journalism, Visual Communication, and Communication Studies: Radio TV Building
- College of Business: Copeland Hall
Upcoming relocations this semester:
- The Office of Sustainability will be moving from University Service Center to Bingham House.
- The Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine will move its distance learning classroom and medical informatics office from Ridges Building 20 to existing space in Irvine and Grosvenor halls.
- Some Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs departments will move to Ridges Building 19. As a result, several occupants of Building 19 will be relocated:
- Design and Construction will move to the first floor of the West Union Street Office Complex.
- Facilities Planning and Space Management will move to University Service Center.
- The Ohio University Press will move to a leased facility adjacent to the Library Annex on Columbus Road.