Nov 2, 2012
By Ashley Ferrell
Ohio University will welcome Bobcat dads to campus with an action-filled weekend of events beginning Friday, Nov. 9. The weekend will feature opportunities you don't want to miss while your dad is in
Dads Weekend 2012 includes hilarious entertainment, outdoor adventures, classic film screenings and much more. Also remember to bring your dad and Bobcat spirit to OHIO's home games.
Some students may find that this weekend is the perfect opportunity to try something new with their dad, like junior industrial hygiene major Chase Caswell.
"I want to sign my dad and I up for whitewater kayaking," Caswell said. "I think it will be a great addition to our weekend."
Whether you feel like taking it easy, going to the basketball game or taking a journey through Hocking Hills, dedicate this weekend to you and your dad and don't miss out on the fun that this weekend offers!
Here is a quick preview of the upcoming events for this special weekend:
• OHIO Hockey hits the ice against the Indiana Hoosiers on Friday, Nov. 9 and Saturday, Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m. Student tickets cost $5 and all other tickets are $7. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. Children under 5 are free. All others attending must have a ticket to enter the facility.
• Get ready for the OHIO Men's Basketball "Sweet 16 Celebration Day." Ohio University Athletics will honor the 2011-2012 OHIO Sweet 16 Team as the Bobcats take on the Portland Pilots, Saturday, Nov. 10 at 2 p.m. in the Convocation Center. Special ticket pricing starts at only $1.
If a dad wants to buy one of the less expensive tickets other than the $20 student guest ticket, he will have to purchase an additional ticket for his student to sit with him outside the student section. If he doesn't, the student will not be allowed to sit outside the student section at the game.
All sales for dads on game day are $20 tickets and will be located in the student section. For more information about tickets click here.
• Looking to share some laughs with your dad? Comedian Jeff Garlin from HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is coming to campus on Friday, Nov. 9 at 8 p.m. in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial
Auditorium. All tickets are $22.
• Want to have a little adventure with your dad this weekend? The Aquatic Center will be hosting Learn to Kayak with your dad from 11 a.m. to noon on Sunday, Nov. 11. The cost is $10 per person and space is limited, so visit the front desk of the Aquatic Center or call 740-593-4670 to reserve your spot.
• Share some laughs over the hilarious college film, "Animal House." It will be screening at the Athena Cinema on Court Street at 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10.
If you love "Remember the Titans," it's your lucky day. At 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, the real Coach Herman Boone will be visiting Athens to speak in the Baker University Center Ballroom about his experience as head coach for the Titans. There will be free giveaways and food at the event, along with showings of the movie before and after the talk at 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
For full list of events, please click here.