Oct 23, 2012
From staff reports
On Friday, Oct. 19, Ohio University Executive Vice President and Provost Pam Benoit sent the following email to all faculty.
We are well over halfway into our first semester and due to the efforts of faculty and college staff, the transition process has progressed smoothly. In preparation for next week's start of advising for spring priority registration, I want to provide you with an update on a few issues.
- All students have semester-based DARS available this week through their My OHIO Student Center. HOWEVER, not every student's DARS includes an analysis of major requirements.
- About 80% of all undergraduate students currently have a complete semester DARS that includes major requirements. This includes transition students and new students.
- The Registrar's Office is fully engaged in completing the analysis of major requirements for all programs but the work is progressing in a priority order based upon student enrollment.
- Printed DARS for undergraduate students were distributed to colleges this week.
- Please strongly encourage students who have completed TDCPs to follow the plan agreed upon by them and their advisor.
A follow-up message will be sent to all advisors by the Q2S Office, in conjunction with the Office of the University Registrar, providing more details and examples of the tools that are available to facilitate the advising process.
Thank you for all of your efforts to help students be successful in their academic endeavors.
Executive Vice President and Provost