The Sugar Bush Foundation Calls for 2013 Letters of Inquiry
Jan 8, 2013
From staff reports
The Sugar Bush Foundation, a supporting organization of The Ohio University Foundation, works with Ohio University and local communities to improve the quality of life in Appalachian Ohio by encouraging civic engagement and by fostering sustainable environmental, socioeconomic, and human development.
Sugar Bush currently is accepting letters of inquiry for the 2013 funding cycle. The deadline for submission is Jan. 20, 2013.
To be eligible for funding, projects must meet the following criteria:
- Project must involve sustainable development in the areas of environmental, socio-economic or human development through education, implementation or practice.
- An Ohio University college, school, department or program must be involved in the development of and benefit from the project.
- The community partner must be a 501(c)(3) registered, tax-exempt charitable organization.
- Sugar Bush Foundation provides funds for start-up, research and/or program development, general support and other support as determined. Any operational expenses requested would be closely reviewed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Sugar Bush Foundation does not provide funds for capital projects.
- Projects funded are to be long term (over 12 months) and provide high potential for self-sustaining in the future.
- The project must benefit at least one of Ohio’s 32 Appalachian Counties.
To submit a letter of inquiry for consideration, please visit www.ohio.edu/advancement/sugarbush/process.cfm and complete the online form.
Questions? Please contact Myca S. Haynes in the Office of Gift Planning at 740-593-9741.