Alumni Association board gains five new members
Board of Directors additions come from many disciplines
Aug 2, 2010
The Ohio University Alumni Association will welcome five new members to their Board of Directors. The additions come from a diversity of backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common – they are all proud to be bobcats.
The Board of Directors has 20 members and works closely with the Alumni Association.
“The Alumni Association Board of Directors serves as trusted advisers to the Division of Advancement and Office of Alumni Affairs,” said Graham Stewart, assistant vice president of alumni relations and executive director of the Alumni Association. “The 20 members work closely with the alumni staff to develop and implement programs, services and communications that help to engage alumni in the life of the university and with each other.”
The new members are:
- Casey Christopher, a 2002 graduate of OHIO with a degree in business, she is the first vice president at CenterState Bank in the Tampa Bay, Florida, area. She co-founded the Tampa Bay chapter of the Ohio University Alumni Association, a member of numerous professional organizations and participates in Meals on Wheels.
- Cynthia Calhoun received her degree in electrical engineering from OHIO in 1988 and is currently the chief of the Assurance and Risk Branch of NASA. In addition to several professional publications to her name, Calhoun is active in professional organizations and has received many commendations from NASA.
- A. Cita Strauss is the former executive director of Athens County Habitat for Humanity. Strauss has bachelor's and master's degrees from OHIO. Strauss has been a force for good and charity in the Athens area, and southeast Ohio. The city and the Dairy Barn have commended her efforts. She sits on the board of the College of Fine Arts Alumni Association and was previously an advisory board member for OhioDance.
- Paige Gutheil Henderson is a 2002 graduate of the College of Osteopathic Medicine and is a family medicine physician with Family Practice West. She is also the vice chair of the family medicine department at Doctor’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. She mentors through Big Brothers Big Sisters and has participated in medical missions to the Dominican Republic and Belize. Gutheil Henderson is a member of many professional organizations and the recipient of several awards.
- Ronald Teplitzky is a partner with the law firm Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff. He graduated from OHIO in 1984, and is the chair of the Corporate Finance and Banking Practice Group and has been listed as one of the 100 best lawyers in America. Teplitzky participates in several professional organizations and sits on numerous boards.
All of the new members will serve on the board until 2014.
“I am so appreciative of the commitment these fine alumni make to this board and the University,” said Stewart. “Each board member commits to a four-year term which involves three annual meetings on campus, many conference calls, event attendance in their home regions and more. These members cover all their travel and housing expenses and donate their time, talent and treasure to benefit the mission of Ohio University.”