The Office of Community Standards and Student Responsibility advances the educational mission of Ohio University and the Division of Student Affairs by providing meaningful opportunities for students to learn what it means to be a member of the Ohio University community.
We accomplish this by:
- Educating the campus community regarding OHIO’s values of civility, community, character, citizenship and commitment.
- Providing an avenue for individuals who have been impacted by a student’s behavior to voice their concerns and request redress through the Community Standards process.
- Balancing the individual rights of students with their responsibilities as members of the many communities to which they belong, including the university and local community.
- Assisting students in understanding and navigating the Community Standards process by providing them with resources and information regarding their rights and options.
- Holding students accountable for their behavior in a fair, impartial, and consistent manner.
- Designing intentional sanctions that foster reflection, growth, and positive behavior change while taking into account each student’s individual experiences and circumstances.
- Helping students to reflect on the impact their choices can have, both on their current student experience and on their future opportunities.