Skip to: Main Content Search Main Navigation Audience Navigation

Quarters-to-Semesters Transition (Q2S)

Ohio University will be transitioning to a semester academic calendar beginning with Fall semester 2012. College of Health Sciences and Professions faculty and staff are committed to working with enrolled students on the quarter calendar to ensure all can meet their graduation dates. Concentrated academic advising will be mandatory for all transition students who have started their academic programs under the quarter system and will be completing their degrees in the new semester system.


Students who adhere to all of the following expectations should be able to graduate without any delay, regardless of the academic calendar transition:

  • Maintain a full-time course load
  • Earn passing grades and meet minimum grade requirements in courses
  • Meet with advisors and follow advising directives
  • Satisfy graduation degree requirements as specified in the catalog


When will transition advising begin?
Transition advising will begin during the Fall 2011 quarter for Athens and regional campus students.


Who is my advisor?
If you are an Athens campus student, your regular academic advisor is the best place to start. You can find your academic advisor listed on your DARS or by logging in at You may also contact your school/department office or the Office of Student Services.

If you are a student at a regional campus, you can contact your campus Student Services office for information. If you are contacted by a faculty member at the Athens campus regarding transitional advising, then be certain to follow up with that person. You may also contact Rebecca Zuspan, Assistant Dean for Student Services, 370W Grover Center, 740-593-9336.


If you are enrolled in the online RN to BSN program, transitional advising may be completed one of several ways. We will be conducting advising sessions via telephone, Skype, and may be visiting a location near you to complete advising in person.


How do I make an advising appointment?
All CHSP students will be contacted via OU student email with instructions about how and when to make an appointment for transition advising. Students will be responsible for following these instructions and keeping appointments. Failure to complete transition advising as directed of you may result in a delay of your ability to register for the upcoming quarter.


What will the Q2S transitional advising session be like?
During transitional advising, you and your advisor will review your DARS to figure out exactly what requirements have been completed under the quarter system, and what remaining requirements will look like in the new semester system. Once the transitional degree completion plan (TDCP) is finalized, we will keep a signed copy in our files, and you will also be given a copy for your reference.


What if I have questions?
If you have any questions about the Q2S transition, please do not hesitate to contact your academic advisor, your school office, or Rebecca Zuspan, Assistant Dean for Student Services, 370W Grover Center, 740-593-9336.