· Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Health Policy & Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University (2000-2001)
· Ph.D., Health Behavior, College of Public Health, University of Georgia (2000)
· MPH, Health Promotion, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University (1995)
· B.S., Health Promotion, College of Public Health, University of Georgia (1992)
· Sexual and Reproductive Health
· Community-Based Participatory Research
· Integration of Cinematic Arts and Sexual Health Promotion
· Baldwin, A., Fu, T.C., Herbenick, D., Dodge, B., Schick, V., Reece, M., Sanders, S.A., & Fortenberry, J.D. (in press). Condom use completeness, perceptions, and sexual quality at most recent sexual event: Results from a U.S. nationally representative probability sample. International Journal of Sexual Health.
· Herbenick, D., Fu, T.C., Owens, C., Bartelt, E., Dodge, B., Reece, M., & Fortenberry, J.D. (2019). Kissing, cuddling, and massage at most recent sexual event: Findings from a nationally representative probability sample. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 45(2), 159-172.
· Beckmeyer, J. J., Herbenick, D., Fu, T-C, Dodge, B, & Reece, M., & Fortenberry, J. D. (2019). Characteristics of adolescent sexting: Results from the 2015 national survey of sexual health and behavior. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 31, 1-14.
· Fu, T., Herbenick, D., Dodge, B., Owens, C., Sanders, S.A., Reece, M., & Fortenberry, J.D. (2019). Relationships among sexual identity, sexual attraction, and sexual behavior: Results from a nationally representative probability sample of adults in the United States. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 48(5), 1483-93.
· Guerra-Reyes, L., Fu, J., Williams, D., Herbenick, D., Dodge, B., Reece, M., & Fortenberry, J.D. (2018). Knowledge of zika and perceptions of risk among sexually active US adults: results from a nationally representative sample. Pan American Journal of Public Health. 42, 1-9.
Awards and Honors
· Outstanding Academic Programme Award. World Association for Sexual Health (WAS).
· Outstanding Collaborative Research Award. Office of the Vice President for Research, Indiana University.
· Society Fellow. Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS).
· Tony and Mary Hulman Health Achievement Award for Excellence in Public Health Research. Indiana Public Health Association.
· Founding Dean’s Medallion for Meritorious Contributions to Public Health. School of Public Health, Indiana University.
· Outstanding Alumni Award. Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University.
· Board of Directors, Indiana Public Health Association (2017-2018)
· President, North American Federation of Sexuality Organizations (2013-2017)
· President, Society for Scientific Study of Sexuality (2014-2015)