- PhD, Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2014
- MSW, Social Work, Western Michigan University, 1995
- BA, Psychology, Kalamazoo College, 1993
- Parenting Interventions for Child Maltreatment
- Parenting Education
- Sibling Violence
- LISW in Ohio
- LCSW in Virginia
- Shadik, J.A., & O’Connor, M.K. (2016). Fathering and child maltreatment: Building theory to enhance treatment interventions. Social Work Research, 40(4), 213-224.
- Brady, S.R., Perkins, N.H., Shadik, J.A., Monico, C., Young, J.A., Mann-Williams, A., Sawyer, J.M., & Klein, M. (2015). The meaning of the cohort community in social work doctoral education. Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping, 21(1), 64-71.
- Shadik, J. A., Perkins, N. H., & Kovacs, P. (2013). Incorporating discussion of sibling violence in the curriculum of parent intervention programs for child abuse and neglect. Health & Social Work, 38, 53-57.