Application to the Ohio University Physician Assistant Practice program has three components.
I. CASPA Application Process
Initial application is made through CASPA, the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants. The Ohio University PA program will accept applications only via CASPA.
The CASPA application cycle opens in late April. Ohio University's closing deadline for applications.
We have a CASPA verified deadline of August 1. We will not review applications after this deadline.
All other componets of the application (CV, Letters of recommendation, offical GRE scores, hands on patient care experience) must also be received by the Aug 1 deadline. Applications missing any of these components will be closed after Aug 1.
The CASPA application has four parts:
- Personal Information Tab
- Academic History Tab requires official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended.
- International Students must submit a complete English translation from an agency listed on the CASPA website.
- Supporting Information Tab includes recommendations, achievements/certifications, essays and a signed release statement.
- Program Materials Tab includes custom questions, resume, copies of professional licenses, military documentation, and Verification of Intent to Graduate (if graduating during the current academic year).
II. Supplemental Application to Graduate College
The Ohio University Physician Assistant Admissions Committee will review all completed CASPA applications. Upon completion of that review, the admissions committee will invite selected candidates to complete a supplemental application. Invited candidates will receive detailed instructions via email on how and when to complete the supplemental application.
- Students will be invited to complete the supplemental application in the early fall.
- The supplemental application requires payment of a nonrefundable application fee of $50 for U.S. citizens and $55 for international students.
III. Interview Phase
The Ohio University Physician Assistant Program requires an in-person interview as part of the admissions process. Students who have been selected to attend an interview will be notified via email.