I. CASPA Application Process
The application for the Ohio University Physician Assistant program is available through CASPA. The application opens APRIL 22, 2015 and closes on AUGUST 1, 2015. Students who apply via CASPA beginning April 22, 2015 will be applying for the May 2016 class.
The CASPA application has 4 parts:
- Personal Information Tab
- Academic History Tab requires official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended.
- International Students must submit a complete English translation from an agency listed on the CASPA website.
- Supporting Information Tab includes recommendations, achievements/certifications, essays, and a signed release statement.
- Program Materials Tab includes custom questions, resume, copies of professional licenses, military documentation, and Verification of Intent to Graduate (if graduating during the 2015-2016 academic year)
The Ohio University PA program will only accept applications via CASPA. We will not review applications after the August 1, 2015 CASPA deadline.
II. Supplemental Application to Graduate College
The Ohio University Physician Assistant Admissions Committee will review all completed CASPA applications. Upon completion of that review, the admissions committee will invite selected candidates to complete a supplemental application. Invited candidates will be emailed instructions on how to complete the supplemental application.
- Students will be invited to complete the supplemental application between September 1, 2015 – October 1, 2015.
- The supplemental application requires payment of a $50 non-refundable application fee; $55 for international students
To be considered for an Admission Interview, the supplemental application must be completed by October 1, 2015.
III. Interview Phase
The Ohio University Physician Assistant Program requires a behavioral interview as part of the admissions process. Students who have been selected to attend a behavior interview will be notified by the program via email.