Hearing, Speech and Language Clinic
The Ohio University Hearing, Speech and Language Clinic is an extension of the Communication Sciences and Disorders program in the College of Health Sciences and Professions. It is devoted to serving individuals in the community who are having difficulty hearing, speaking and/or understanding language. The clinic offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for all ages - infant through adult. The clinic is open year round in Grover Center on Richland Avenue in Athens.
Consistent with the training mission of the College, diagnostic and treatment services are provided by student clinicians under the supervision of experienced, licensed, and certified clinical instructors. Supervision is carried out in accordance with guidelines mandated by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and the State of Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
Types of Services Offered:
- Diagnosis of various of speech and language disorders ( e.g., Language Impairment, Autism, Articulation disorders Swallowing disorder)
- Individual therapy for various speech and language for all age groups
- Group Therapy session for children
- In- depth Audiological assessments for individuals with hearing problems
- Hearing Aid trials and fitting
Please refer to the Clinic Manuals for additional information:
Links & Downloads