Doctor of Clinical Audiology (Au.D.)
About the Program:
Communication Sciences and Disorders offers a world-class, continuous, four-year, full-time clinical doctoral program in audiology. We are a diverse, energetic, dedicated, and productive faculty who work closely with students in a positive and encouraging environment. We offer students access to state-of-the art facilities and equipment, a variety of clinical experiences, and possibilities for mentored research experiences. The three components of the doctorate, including coursework, clinical practicum, and research training, are integrated into a sequential program. Upon completion of the program, candidates will provide comprehensive clinical services in prevention, identification, assessment, and treatment of individuals with disorders of hearing, balance, and other neural systems. They will also be able to function as administrators and advocates for the discipline.
The clinical doctorate in audiology (Au.D.) degree at Ohio University provides numerous distinctive opportunities, including:
- Ample and diverse clinical experiences and settings.
- A nationwide network of clinical externship sites preceded by clinical experience, professional practicum seminar and classwork.
- Engagement with multicultural, multinational and multilingual students and faculty.
- Dedicated personalized clinical supervision from seasoned clinicians.
- Participation in a university and local community that offers a safe and picturesque environment.
The Au.D. has accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). The curriculum meets the standards required for certification, and the program is set up to satisfy the new standards on outcome assessments. For example, based on the recommended guidelines by the ASHA, a clinical competence tool for monitoring student performance throughout the program is in place. We believe our program rivals the best in the country and will continue our 75 year heritage of providing quality education to our students and clinical services to the community.
Links & Downloads