Clinical Education Policies
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from clinical sites and for housing and other living expenses during clinical practica.
- Students are required to obtain and maintain current CPR certification, TB tests, physical examinations, hepatitis B vaccination, proof of childhood immunizations and liability insurance coverage; some clinic sites require proof of additional immunizations and other certifications or training.
- Students are required to complete an online criminal background check in the first term of the program. Some clinic sites require additional forms of background checks and/or have exclusion criteria based on the results of the background check. Students with criminal records, especially felony convictions, cannot be guaranteed clinical placement.
- Students must acknowledge that they are at increased risk for exposure to infectious disease due to contact with patients, blood and other bodily fluids during clinical practica.
- Students must comply with each clinical facility's policies and procedures.
RCS Tenure and Promotion Procedures