- PhD, Speech-Language Pathology, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1971
- MS, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Southern Connecticut State University, 1968
- BS, Social Sciences and Education, Southern Connecticut State University, 1966
- Over 100 refereed publications and presentations, some examining how context influences articulatory production and its implications in evidence based therapy.
Awards and Honors
- Citizen's Award, Athens County Lawyers Association
- Class of 1950 Faculty Teaching Excellent Award, 2-time nominee (0 for 2).
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Ace Awards
- The Outstanding Ohio University Student Advisor Award
- Site Visitor, Council on Academic Accreditation, American Speech-Language-Hearing Assoc.
- Past President & Founder, CSD Advisory Board
- Chair, Education & Scientific Affairs Committee, Ohio Speech-Language-Hearing Assoc.
- Governor's Task Force: Personnel Development, Ohio Interagency Intervention Council,
- Pew Roundtable: Strengthening & Enhancing a Learning Community
- Steering Committee, Ohio Distance Learning Master's Degree Consortium
- Staging Location Director, Organizing for America, the Obama Campaign
- Board Member, American Speech-Language-Hearing Continuing Education
- Chair, State of Ohio Directors in Communication Sciences and Disorders