Leadership Success Series
The Leadership Success Series is based on a five-pillar framework of people, finance, quality and safety, patient experience and growth and strategy and provides new leaders with a leadership foundation that will assist them in achieving organizational goals and metrics. The series consists of seven, six-hour interactive classroom courses linked to one or more of the five pillars. All courses are taught by healthcare leadership experts. This series can be customized for your organization to be delivered on-site, or you can attend the classroom sessions offered in Dublin, Ohio.
Who Should Attend
The healthcare leadership series targets the developmental needs of a wide range of health professionals, from emerging to novice leaders, who are looking to update their knowledge and skills. The series is especially relevant to physicians, pharmacists, nurses and other clinicians moving into leadership roles.
Key Course Topics
- Leading in Today's Healthcare Environment
- This session will teach core leadership competencies needed to lead in today's healthcare environment, including the importance of professional presence and effective communication in career success.
- Developing an Organizational Culture that Drives Success
- This session focuses on models, theories and assessment methods of organizational culture, climate and structure and strategies to maintain and sustain cultural excellence.
- Developing an Effective Talent Management Strategy
- This session will teach key components of a robust workforce strategy including a framework for talent management and succession planning based on today's healthcare environment.
- Building Critical Financial Skills for Success in Healthcare
- The learner will be introduced to budgeting concepts, types of budgets, budget management and the impact of healthcare policy and reform on budgeting.
- Employing a Foundation for Success: A Designed Approach to Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- This session will teach the essential components of a quality improvement program including outcome focused quality models and process improvement techniques to improve outcome metrics.
- Fostering an Environment of Service: Patient Engagement
- This session will address the evolution and significance of customer service to the patient experience in healthcare and the key components and processes for implementing and sustaining a successful service excellence program. It will also address the positive financial impact of a defined service excellence program.
- Preparing for the Future: The Importance of Strategy, Strategic Planning and Market Analysis in Healthcare
- This session will teach components of a strategic plan, including the planning process, key elements of the plan, plan execution and evaluation.
Continuing Education Course Contact
Email email@example.com or call 614-793-5646.
Continuing Education Credit
The Ohio Pharmacists Foundation Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. 5.5 contact hours (0.55 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education credit will be awarded for each course attended. Disclosure: The OPF trustees and other individuals responsible for planning OPF continuing pharmacy education activities have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
ONA Continuing Education Credit
CHEAO is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91). 5.5 nursing contact hours will be provided for each course.
*Physicians are to self-report. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
This activity is not commercially supported.