Assistant Clinical Professor
- BS, Exercise Specialist, Bowling Green State University, 1997
- Med, Developmental Kinesiology, Bowling Green State University, 2000
- PhD, Kinesiology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2014
- Cardiopulmonary responses to acute exercise
- Epidemiology of exercise test responses in patients with heart failure
- Control and limitations of breathing at rest and during exercise in patient groups with chronic disease and in the obese
- Chase PJ, Davis PG, Wideman L, Starnes JW, Schulz MR, Bensimhon DR. Comparison of Estimations Versus Measured Oxygen Consumption at Rest in Patients With Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction Who Underwent Right-Sided Heart Catheterization. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Dec 1;116(11):1724-30. PubMed PMID: 26443561.
- Chase PJ, Davis PG, Bensimhon DR. The obesity paradox in chronic heart failure: what does it mean? Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2014 Mar;11(1):111-7. PubMed PMID: 24445587.
- Lavie CJ, Cahalin LP, Chase P, Myers J, Bensimhon D, Peberdy MA, Ashley E, West E, Forman DE, Guazzi M, Arena R. Impact of cardiorespiratory fitness on the obesity paradox in patients with heart failure. Mayo Clin Proc. 2013 Mar;88(3):251-8. PubMed PMID: 23489451.
- Babb TG, Wyrick BL, Chase PJ, Delorey DS, Rodder SG, Feng MY, Ranasinghe KG. Weight loss via diet and exercise improves exercise breathing mechanics in obese men. Chest. 2011 Aug;140(2):454-60. PubMed PMID: 21273293.
Awards and Honors
- Department of Human Movement, Sport and Leisure Studies Student Research Award, Bowling Green State University, 1998
- Mary C. Reiley Memorial Student Travel Award, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2011
- AHSW Program and Curriculum Committee
- AHSW AFPE Committee