Welcome to Ohio University Chillicothe Veteran Services! We thank you for your service to our great nation and are here to help you achieve your educational goals. As Veterans you possess a unique skill set, background, and educational history.
The first step is to apply to the University, then for your benefits, followed by getting your benefits started at Ohio University. If you are unsure as to which chapter you belong under, click the link below to locate your chapter.
Admission for Veterans at Ohio University:
- Step 1: Create an account to get started (here).
- Step 2: Using your new account information, complete the Application for Admission (here).
- Step 3: Request that your high school transcript be sent to OHIO
Chillicothe or bring your GED certificate - complete with scores, to the Student Services Office located at 101 University Drive, Chillicothe, Ohio, 45601.
- Step 4: Request your Joint Service Transcript be sent to OHIO Chillicothe.
- Step 5: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by clicking (here). For more detailed information, please visit the OHIO Chillicothe Financial Aid & Scholarships web page (here).
- Step 6: Apply for your GI Bill benefits by visiting the US Department of Veteran Affairs (here).
- Step 7: If you have taken the ACT or SAT, submit your scores to OHIOChillicothe (if you are still in high school or if you have been out of high school for less than a year).
- Step 8: The Student Services Office will contact you regarding Advising &Registration times after you have been admitted to the University. At Advising & Registration, you will meet with an academic advisor to plan your schedule and register for classes.
- Step 9: Be sure to bring your VA certificate of eligibility and your DD Form 214 to the Advising & Registration.
- Step 10: After completing Advising & Registration, fill out your Veterans Education Assistance File Card (here). You will log into the system using your OHIO ID information.
- OHIO Chillicothe Hilltopper Advising Center Veterans Information web page (here).
- OHIO Veterans and Military Student Service Center (here).
- Required Forms (here).
- Getting VA Benefits Started at Ohio University (here).
- GI Bill Information (here).
Ohio University Is A Military Friendly & Yellow Ribbon School:
The Military Friendly® Schools designation is awarded to the top colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success both...
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Ohio University Chillicothe
Veteran Services Center
HOURS OF OPERATION:
By appointment only!
Closed University Holidays*
Hilltopper Advising Center
Bennett Hall 270
ENROLLMENT SERVICES & ADVISING CENTER HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed Saturdays/Sundays/University Holidays*