Search within:

Veteran Services

Admission Process for Veterans

  • Step 1: Complete the Application for Admission 
  • Step 2: Request that your high school transcript or GED certificate be sent to Ohio University.
    • Email to: -or-
    • Mail to: Ohio University Undergraduate Admissions, Chubb Hall 120, 1 Ohio University Drive, Athens, OH 45701
  • Step 3: Request your Joint Service Transcript be sent to OHIO Chillicothe. 
  • Step 4: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA. For more detailed information, please visit the OHIO Chillicothe Financial Aid & Scholarships web page.
  • Step 5: Apply for your GI Bill benefits
  • Step 6: If you have taken the ACT or SAT, submit your scores to OHIO Chillicothe (if you are still in high school or if you have been out of high school for less than a year).
  • Step 7: The Student Services Office will contact you regarding Advising & Registration times after you have been admitted to the University. At Advising & Registration, you will meet with an academic advisor to plan your schedule and register for classes.
  • Step 8: Be sure to bring your VA certificate of eligibility and your DD Form 214 to Advising & Registration.
  • Step 9: After completing Advising & Registration, fill out your Veterans Education Assistance File Card

OHIO Chillicothe Resources

Admissions: Undergraduate Admissions provides you with all of the information you need on how to apply to become a Bobcat.

Advising: An advisor is available to assist you with degree planning and goal setting.

Financial Aid: For questions related to financial aid, scholarships, grants, or loans.

Career Services: It's never too late to start career exploration. Career Services is here to help students, regardless of where you are in the job search process.

Counseling: Counseling and Psychological Services provides mental health and adjustment services for members of the OHIO community.

Institutional Equity: Disability services, discrimination and harassment consultation and other important resources are offered by this office.

ROTC - Air Force: This website provides information on Ohio University's Air Force ROTC.

ROTC - Army: This website provides information on Ohio University's Army ROTC.

Veteran's Center: For specific questions on your VA benefits, the GI Bill or other veteran-related questions.

Government Websites

GI Bill: This web link provides information about the GI Bill and education benefits.

OEF/OIF Service Members: This is a resource specifically for those veterans who have served in OEF/OIF.

Ohio Attorney General: This is a web resource for military members and veterans by the Ohio Attorney General.

OHIO CARES: This is a collaboration of state and local agencies supporting the behavioral health of returning OIF/OEF veterans and their families.

Ohio National Guard: This is a resource for those interested in the Ohio National Guard.

US Department of Justice-Know Your Rights: If you've been seriously injured while on active duty, make sure to read this publication that explains your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It also provides information on where to get assistance.

US Department of Veterans Affairs: This website provides important information related to veteran services, such as the GI Bill and health care.

Veterans Benefits: This web page provides useful links to various veterans' benefits, such as education, compensation and life insurance.

National Organizations

Disabled American Veterans (DAV): This non-profit organization works to better the lives of American veterans who are disabled.

Student Veterans of America (SVA): This organization serves as a coalition of student veterans groups from college campuses across the United States.

The American Legion : This is the nation's largest veteran service organization, committed to mentoring and sponsorship of youth programs, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting strong national security and continued devotion to fellow service members and veterans.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW): This organization has a rich tradition in enhancing the lives of millions through its community service programs and special projects.

Other Helpful Resources

GI Bill: The American Legion serves veterans and service members by providing them with information on the GI Bill. This is a one-stop-shop for military service members with information about benefits, advice columns and everything military.

Recruit Military: This website is dedicated to helping veterans achieve professional success.


A Military Friendly & Yellow Ribbon School


The Military Friendly® Schools designation is awarded to the top colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success both in the classroom and after graduation.

The Yellow Ribbon Program can help you pay for higher out-of-state, private school, or graduate school tuition that the Post-9/11 GI Bill doesn't cover.

For More Information, Contact:

Ohio University Chillicothe
Student Services 
Bennett Hall