Search within:



Do I need to have taken the ACT or SAT to apply to OHIO Chillicothe?

No. OHIO Chillicothe is an open admission campus, so the ACT/SAT is not required for admissions purposes. However, some OHIO Chillicothe scholarships require an ACT and ACT/SAT scores can be used for placement into English and math.

How do I apply for financial aid?

You should apply on line at

What is OHIO Chillicothe's school code for FAFSA?

When filling out the FAFSA, enter the OHIO Chillicothe school code - 003102 and the Athens code - 003100.

How can I check the status of my financial aid?

Please visit

How do I accept my financial aid?

You may view your financial aid in your student account by going to: and choosing: Self Service ➢ Student Center ➢ View Financial Aid.

How do I check the status of my financial aid?

You will receive an e-mail from FAFSA approximately 3-5 weeks after you have applied for financial aid to the address you provided while filling out your FAFSA online. Then, OHIO will process your application and contact you within two weeks about the status of your application. If you have not heard anything after two weeks, you may call the Financial Aid Office at 740.774.7289.

How do I apply to OHIO Chillicothe?

There are several ways you can apply. You may apply on our website or you may fill out a paper application. To request a paper application, please call the Recruitment Office at 740.774.7240. You may also stop by the Recruitment Office and pick one up. There is a $20.00 application fee for all applications.

How can I check the status of my application?

You will receive an acknowledgment letter for your application by e-mail with instructions on how to log-in and view the status of your application along with your To Do's and other important information about your application.

How will I know if I have been accepted?

You will receive an official acceptance letter in the mail. It may take four to six weeks for the processing of your application materials.

If I have attended another university, do I have to submit transcripts to Ohio University?

Yes. If you have enrolled in classes at any other institution, it is required to have those transcripts sent to OHIO for evaluation. For other questions and information, please visit: Registrar.

If I have been a student at OHIO Chillicothe previously and want to return, do I need to fill out another application?

No. If you have ever registered for classes, you do not need to fill out another application. If for any reason you sit out for a semester, you will need to fill out a re-enrollment form, available at: If you have applied, but never registered for classes, then you will need to fill out a new application.

Why do I have a hold on my account?

There could be several reasons why a hold is placed on your account. You can find what hold has been placed on your account by visiting and choosing: Self Service ➢ Student Center ➢ Details and Holds.

How do I register for the AccuPlacer Placement Test?

Completion of the placement test is required for all new students at OHIO Chillicothe who do not have valid ACT or SAT scores.

The test is free and can be scheduled by calling the Testing Center at 740.774.7754 or by scheduling online at A photo ID is required!

What is a AccuPlacer Placement Test?

Completion of the AccuPlacer Placement Test is required for all new students at OHIO Chillicothe. Results are good for two years. This computerized test is comprised of three sections: English, math, and reading. The scores that you obtain help to make sure that you are placed in the correct classes academically. Transfer students do not need to take the test as long as they have transfer credit in math and English. There is no time limit for the test, but you should plan on spending at least two hours taking the test. This test is free and a photo ID is required! NOTE: Students who have taken the ACT or SAT within the last two years will not need to take a placement test. Placement levels will be determined by those scores as long as official ACT or SAT scores are submitted to the university.

How do I register for Advising & Registration?

Advising & Registration is mandatory for all incoming students. Before attending, all applicable admissions procedures must be completed prior to your attendance at Advising & Registration. You may choose your Advising & Registration date by registering online at or by calling the Admissions Office at 740.774.7241.

How do I get a student ID?

Student ID pictures are taken in the Admissions Office. You should have had this done at Advising & Registration. Replacement ID's will be charged to your student account in the amount of $10.


Ohio University Chillicothe
Student Recruitment Office

Bennett Hall
T: 740.774.7240