The Testing Center’s (TC) main focus is to provide proctoring exams for instructors who teach online, blended, arranged or independent study classes, for instructors allowing students to complete make-up or special circumstance exams (outside of class time), and for students requiring accommodations. The TC does not provide proctors for in-classroom exams. Please contact the Dean’s office for these requests.
- To request Ohio University Chillicothe TC services, please complete the Instructor Form [PDF], attach it to the tests to be proctored, and drop them off in (or email them to) the testing center.
- Unless other arrangements have been discussed, and agreed upon by TC staff, paper exams must be picked up in the TC office.
- An incident report will be sent to the student’s instructor when suspicious activity is observed, or abnormal testing situation occurs. Instances in which academic misconduct is alleged, the instructor is responsible for determining disciplinary measures such as imposing grade penalties, escalating the matter to judicial referral, etc.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances communicated directly from the instructor, students will not be able to take an exam without an appointment. (Please remember this when setting deadlines for students to take their exam!)
HOURS OF OPERATION - FALL & SPRING SEMESTERS:
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. *
Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. *
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* The Testing Center reserves the right to close the office early if all scheduled testers are completed before 7:00 p.m.
SUMMER SEMESTER, BREAKS, & CLASSES NOT IN SESSION:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed Saturdays/Sundays/University Holidays*