Graduation Recognition Ceremony
Fall 2021, Summer 2021 & Spring 2020
It is with great anticipation and excitement that Ohio University Chillicothe welcomes the Fall 2021, Summer 2021 and Spring 2020 graduation classes to a special, in-person Graduation Recognition Ceremony.
Date: Thursday, December 9
Check-In Arrival: 5:30 p.m.
Ceremony Begins: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Shoemaker Center
All graduates will have the opportunity to have six (6) guests attend this ceremony. Reservations are REQUIRED for seating accommodations. Students need to complete the RSVP form by Saturday, November 20, 2021.
Ohio University Chillicothe is currently fluid in planning and monitoring safety guidelines. However, the following facts are confirmed about the upcoming, in-person Graduation Recognition Ceremony.
- All graduates, guests and staff are required to wear a medical (cloth) face covering at all times while inside the Shoemaker Center. Clear face shields alone will not be permitted.
- Ohio University’s public health measures, require face coverings for all individuals in indoor public spaces on OHIO campuses and on public transportation.
- Vaccination status of students, guests or staff as they enter the Shoemaker Center will not be checked. However, we encourage all students, guests and staff to be fully vaccinated by December 11th.
- Each student may only bring 6 guests to the ceremony. The event is a ticket event. We encourage families/guests to social distance from other parties not in their household.
- Students should be wearing their regalia upon arrival at the event. The campus will not be able to provide spaces for changing into regalia due to our guidelines to maintain appropriate social distancing and to keep everyone in attendance safe.
- Graduates and Guests will be asked to maintain appropriate social distancing in registration lines, processional lines and photo opportunity line.
- Guests (limited to 6) will be escorted to their seating location by ushers and be seated together; children ages 2 and under may sit on a guest’s lap. No re-entry will be permitted if guests exit the event location.
- If you or your guest(s) require accessibility accommodations, please confirm with Jaime Lowe at email@example.com.
About the Ceremony
The ceremony will be approximately 1 hour in length and will include the following:
- Welcome and Introductions by Dean Roberta Milliken
- Guest Speaker
- Presentation of Student Awards and Candidates
Cap & Gown Packages
Regalia is required for the in-person ceremony. You may not participate in person without Ohio University issued regalia. No regalia sales will occur at the ceremony venue.
Any graduating student may purchase regalia, regardless of their ceremony participation. Academic honor cords for cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude will be provided by the University based on academic information from the Registrar's Office. Student regalia will be mailed to student’s home address, no regalia will be available for pick-up at the campus.
Order Deadline: November 20, 2021
Note: Be sure to purchase your regalia before the order deadline to ensure on-time delivery. Shipping delays have been experienced and are common because of COVID-19. Gowns feature distinct styles for Associate/Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degrees. A Bachelor gown may not be worn at the graduate/masters ceremony.
Guest may take photos during the ceremony, but we ask that they remain seated during the ceremony so not to disturb other guest who are trying to see their graduate.
A selfie station will also be available to get a special shot with honored graduates.
Many opportunities will be available to capture a popular family photo or selfie around the Ohio University Chillicothe campus. Be sure to hashtag #OHIOgrad2021 to share your memories!
Personal Health Screening: All guests entering the Graduation Recognition Ceremony area are advised to conduct a personal health screening before arriving to campus. Those who feel ill, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have been exposed to someone with symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or who have tested positive themselves, must stay home.
Click here to learn more about the CDC’s health guidelines.
Mask Requirements: Masks will be required for all students and guests in attendance.
Sanitization: Hand sanitizers will be present at every entrance. Additionally, grounds staff will disinfect all seating prior to the ceremony.
This ceremony will follow all guidelines outlined by the State of Ohio, Governor Mike DeWine and Ohio University COVID protocols. Safety protocols will be given to students and guests prior to the ceremony.
Ohio University Commencement (Athens Campus)
Ohio University plans to host an in-person Fall Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, December 11 at 2 p.m. at the Convocation Center on 95 Richland Avenue, Athens, Ohio 45701.
This ceremony is a separate event from the Graduation Recognition Ceremony at OHIO Chillicothe.
CONTACT: Jaime Lowe | Student Services | firstname.lastname@example.org | 740-774-7241