Making Payments (Updated for Spring 2022)
- In-person payments may be made with check or money order; credit card payments must be made online. Inquiries can be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (740.593.4130).
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Students: To make an online payment on your student account, login to My OHIO Student Center. Under the Finances section select “Make a Payment.” This will direct you to our online payment processor. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
- Authorized Users: To make an online payment, login to your Authorized User account. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
Accepted Types of Payment:
- eCheck (available online only): No service fee is charged for this option. You will need to provide your bank’s routing number and your checking or savings account number. If you have questions regarding the correct numbers to use, please contact your financial institution. Do NOT use the numbers on your debit card. Dishonored ACH payments are charged a $25.00 service fee.
- Credit Card (available online): A service fee of 2.9% is added to the total payment. This is a fee charged by our payment processor; Ohio University does not receive this additional fee. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
- Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order (available by mail or in person): Payments should be made to the order of Ohio University. Dishonored checks are charged a $25.00 service fee. Please include your OHIO PID number in the memo line of the payment.
- By Mail: Office of the Bursar, P.O. Box 960, Athens, OH 45701
- In Person:
- Payments can be placed in the drop box located outside of the Student Services Office in Bennett Hall, room 134.
- Please seal the payment (checks only; no cash) in an envelope with appropriate identifying information (e.g. student name and PID number).
- Receipts will be emailed to students.
Students can now set up Authorized Users to view student account activity and make payments. Once authorized, the user will sign on to "Authorized User" using the email address and password provided during the authorized user set up.
BCI & FBI Background Check Information
BCI & FBI payments can be made in the Cashiers Office. Payments can be accepted in the form of:
- Cash (no more than $64.00, no change can be made)
- Credit Card
- Money Order
- Cashier’s Check
Fees for Services:
- BCI - $30.00
- FBI - $34.00
- BCI and FBI - $64.00
Background checks can be made Mondays & Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Wednesdays between the hours of 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the Nursing Office, Bennett Hall, Room 270.
For More Information Contact:
Bennett Hall 134H
Bennett Hall 134H
Hours of Operation:
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed Saturdays/Sundays/University Holidays*
In-person payments can be accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.