Advisors are available in Student Services, which is located in Bennett Hall. We are your central resource for academic advising on campus. Advisors can help you with:
- Placement test results
- Selecting courses or changing your schedule
- Exploring and declaring, or changing a major
- Degree planning and goal setting
- Getting a DARS report, a “what-if” DARS, and how to read it
- Questions regarding academic majors/programs and minors, courses, professors, etc.
- Academic issues or concerns
- Study tips and college success strategies
- Campus resources
- Provide informational websites
- Offer advice and encouragement
We do more than just help you pick classes. We help you make informed, reasoned decisions that affect your college success.
Academic advisors are generally assigned based on the major that you want to pursue. However, the advisors in the Advising Center are here to assist any student with the various majors and other questions they may have.
You will be required to meet with an academic advisor to register for classes. Students attending Ohio University have a registration hold placed on their account for Fall and Spring semesters. This is called an “advance registration hold” and is designed to ensure you get the help you need selecting your classes. Your assigned academic advisor will meet with you to assist with selecting classes. If you do not know who your advisor will be, you are welcome to see an advisor in the Advising Center.
Advising For Students Finishing Degrees on the Athens Campus (Relocating Students)
Students that enroll with the intention to complete a degree on the Athens campus are considered relocating students. Relocating students will meet with an advisor on the Chillicothe campus to discuss coursework that is available on the Chillicothe campus as well as a timeline for relocating. Relocating students must be in good academic standing in order to relocate and are subject to other Athens Campus requirements such as housing, etc.
Students should attend Relocate Advising Day the semester before they wish to be in Athens. This event is hosted by the Office of First-Year and Student Transitions in the Fall and Spring for regional campus students relocating to the Athens campus.
Listed below are links to helpful websites. If you have questions, please contact us for assistance.
Ohio University Resources
- Ohio University Chillicothe Schedule of Classes
- Ohio University Academic Catalog
- Ohio University Academic Calendar of Important Dates & Deadlines here
- OHIO Online
Bennett Hall 134C
Ashlee Tatman, PhD
Director of Student Services
Bennett Hall 134B