From staff reports Feb 2, 2017
Deadline extended to Dec 1st!
Elissa Welch Nov 16, 2016
CE3 was pleased to host the workshop “Energy Choices for Ohio: Impacts of Efficiency, Technology & Carbon Management” on September 18, 2012 at the Quest Business & Conference Centers in Columbus, Ohio. More than 60 attendees primarily from business and state and local government attended the event, and heard presentations from nearly two dozen expert speakers discussing energy efficiency, greenhouse gas reporting, and the nexus between energy and emissions management.
Pictures and video from the event will be added soon.
Click here for a .pdf of speaker bios. (Note that all presentations linked below are in .pdf format.)
More outreach events—both webinars and in-person events—will be planned in the coming months. Watch the website www.ohio.edu/ce3/ghgrp for more information.
9:00 – 9:30 AM: Welcome & Introductions
Scott Miller, Director, Energy and Environmental Programs, Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs
9:30 – 10:30 AM: Opening Keynote Address
“America’s Energy Coach” Thomas E. Kiser, President & CEO, PSI Energy Solutions – a Worthington Industries Company “Designing Energy: Efficiency Strategies to Meet GHG
Reporting and Reduction Goals Now & in the Future”
10:30 – 10:45 AM: Break
10:45 – 11:45 AM: Concurrent Breakout Sessions
Breakout A: Landfill & Wastewater Treatment Facilities GHG Reporting Requirements
Moderator: Andrew Shroads, QEP, Senior Air Quality Specialist & Regional Director, SC&A
1. Kira Darlow, Environmental Analyst, SC&A
2. Ellen Hewitt, Senior Consultant, Trinity Consultants, Inc.
Breakout B: Energy Efficiency: Technologies, Initiatives & Solutions
Moderator: Michelle Murcia, President & Interim Director, Advanced Energy Economy Ohio
1. Bradley H. Belden, Manager, Occupational & Regulatory Services, Belden Brick Company
2. Zack Griffin, LC, President, Evolved Energy Solutions
3. Michael Long, Network Leader, Ohio By-Product Synergy Network
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM: Lunch and Lunch Speaker
David E. Nash, Partner, McMahon DeGulis LLP
“Pushing the Envelope: Lessons Learned from Cleveland’s Corporate Sustainability Network”
1:00 – 2:00 PM: Concurrent Breakout Sessions
Breakout C: State & Federal Emissions Reporting Policies
Moderator: Robert Ellison, PE, Environmental Specialist, Air Management, Duke Energy Corporation
1. Dr. Kevin Crist, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Ohio University
2. Bob Hodanbosi, Chief, Division of Air Pollution Control, Ohio EPA
3. Sean Hogan, Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program Data Quality and Compliance Manager, U.S. EPA
Breakout D: ESCOs & Third-Party Financing Solutions
Moderator: Michael Zimmer, Executive in Residence, Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs
1. John A. Seryak, PE, CEO, Go Sustainable Energy
2. Sean Wenger, Regional Energy Solutions Manager-Higher Education, Johnson Controls, Inc.
3. Eric Zimmer, CEO & Co-Founder, Tipping Point Renewable Energy
2:00 – 2:15 PM: Break
2:15 – 3:30 PM: Closing Plenary Session
Self-Financing Tools for Energy & Emissions Reduction Projects
Moderator: Sara Ward, Director, Ohio Interfaith Power and Light
1. Todd Nein, Interim Executive Director, Ohio Air Quality Development Authority
2. Chad Smith, Deputy Chief, Ohio Department of Development, Office of Energy
3. Ray Strom, Chief, Efficiency and Renewables Division, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio