- Regional major network stations, including local network stations from Charleston and Huntington, WV
- 58 channels of digital HD entertainment/general interest programming, including HBO
- Ohio University operated PBS affiliate, WOUB
- A Campus Community Channel (Ch. 19)
- A full-screen Channel Guide and Weather Forecaster (Ch. 71)
- 17 Channels reserved for educational programming, teleconferences, distance learning and foreign languages
- 46 music choice music channels
CATVision, Ohio University's digital high definition cable television network, is available in all student rooms, apartments and residence hall lounges on the Athens Campus for no additional fee. Visit our frequently asked questions page to learn about installation and other services.
CATVision is a year-round, 24 hour-a-day service is operated by in cooperation with Housing & Residence Life, OIT and the WOUB Center for Public Media. CATVision is also provided to various academic and administrative locations on campus.
What's on CATVision
CATVision's Channel Line-up Currently Provides:
Radio and Bulletin Boards
CATVision also carries two Ohio University radio stations on the FM band of the cable. These stations are WOUB (NPR) - 91.3 and ACRN - 99.3. Instructions for installing a splitter in order to listen to these stations on your stereo are included among our Frequently Asked Questions.
CATVision provides a campus Bulletin Board for local messaging and student life event information. University departments and student organizations can submit announcements by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Events | News | Foreign Languages
CATVision’s Channel Line-up features 6 channels dedicated to news and current events reporting in addition to several foreign languages and special interest channels.
- CATVision channels dedicated to news and current events:
- Ohio News Network, CNN Headline News, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Fox
- CATVision channels foreign language channels:
AZN, CCTV-4, Deutsche Welle, TV5, ART America, Univision, TVE