M.A. in Applied Linguistics, Ohio University, May 2018
M.A. in Teaching and Teacher Education, University of Arizona, May 2010
TEFL Certificate, Brigham Young University, August 1993
B.A. in Spanish Language, Brigham Young University, April 1992
Lisa Weyand is the Online Coordinator & Instructor for the online TESOL Endorsement and TEFL certificate offered by the Linguistics Department at Ohio University. She earned a master’s degree in Applied Linguistics at Ohio University and worked with international students from the Ohio Program of Intensive English as a graduate student. Before coming to Ohio, she taught both ESL and Spanish in the World Languages Department at the Catalina Foothills School District (Arizona), working mainly with middle and high school students. Prior to that time, she also taught writing classes to international university students at the English Language Center located in Provo, Utah. She has been a member of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), and she recently published a book review in the TESOL Higher Education Interest Section (HEIS) Newsletter (June 2018).
- Online coordinator & instructor for the TESOL Endorsement and TEFL Certificate Online, Department of Linguistics, Ohio University.
- Facilitator with international students from the Ohio Program of Intensive English (OPIE) as a graduate student at Ohio University.
- Taught ESL and Spanish, World Languages Department, Catalina Foothills School District (Arizona).
- Taught writing classes to international university students, English Language Center, Provo, UT.
- Member of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Published a book review in the TESOL Higher Education Interest Section (HEIS) Newsletter (June 2018).