Get Ready — for the College of Arts & Sciences
Welcome to the College of Arts & Sciences
This is your first-stop source for easy links, helpful information, and dates you need to know as you get ready for your first day of college at OHIO.
Do. Not. Miss. This.
Been there. Done that. So of course they have advice for the Class of 2025. Alumni and recent graduates share their stories, so you can plan your college bucket list.
The professional advisers and staff in the college’s Office of Undergraduate Advising & Student Affairs are eager to support you during your undergraduate career at OHIO—from orientation to graduation.
We encourage you to meet with a professional adviser for:
- Changing your schedule
- Guidance with navigating resources on campus
- Understanding your graduation requirements
- Exploring careers and majors, minors, or certificates
- Reviewing your transfer credits
- And much more
Find Us: You can either stop by Gordy Hall 155 during our drop-in advising hours or schedule an appointment by calling 740-593-2845 or email email@example.com.
Advising and Career News
- Academic Status (Probation, Suspension & Reinstatement)
- Academic Support Services
- A&S Advising Coordinators by Major
- A&S Foreign Language Requirements
- Choosing a Major that Fits
- College-Level Requirements for Arts & Sciences
- Education Abroad
- Graduation Checks
- Majors, Minors & certificates
- Sample 4-year Academic Plans
OHIO academic calendars: https://www.ohio.edu/registrar/calendar
June 12: Bobcat Student Orientation Post-Modules available
Early July: Your individual Learning Community course will appear on your schedule. See https://www.ohio.edu/student-affairs/students for links to your My OHIO Student Center.
July: AP credit received? Have College Board send your AP scores directly to Ohio University.
July: Undergraduate Student Affairs advisers will contact you if your schedule needs to be updated.
Aug. 16-22, Welcome Week https://www.ohio.edu/welcome-week. For information on moving into the Residence Halls, individual dates and times will be scheduled on your Housing Self-Service portal on June 1. See: https://www.ohio.edu/arrival-guide/schedule.
Aug. 23, 2021: First Day of Class
Drop-in Advising at Undergraduate Student Affairs
- Aug. 16 – 25, Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Aug. 16 –27, Monday - Friday, 1 to 4 p.m.
Aug. 27, 5 p.m.: Last day to add a class without permission
Sept. 3, 5 p.m.: Last day to add a class with permission
- Class Attendance
- Getting to Know your Faculty
- Goal Setting
- Improving Your Study Skills
- Learning Effective Time Management
- Raising Your GPA by Retaking Classes
- Schedule Planning
- Academic Support Services
- The Importance of Academic Advising
- What To Do When You Are in Academic Difficulties
- Writing Centers for Ohio University Students