Graduate Research in Mathematics
- Darren Simons '17Ph.D., adviser Dr. Alexei Davydov, co-authored a paper: A. Davydov, D. Simmons, On Lagrangian algebras in group-theoretical braided fusion categories, J. Algebra, Volume 471, 1 February (2017), 149-175, arXiv:1603.04650
- Christopher Renner, current Dr. Davydov student, received the first place at Ohio University's Student Research & Creativity Expo (2017) with his poster "Braided monoidal categories."
- Lanre Akinyemi, adviser Dr. Tatiana Savin, co-authored a paper accepted in Contemporary Mathematics: L. Akinyemi, T. V. Savina and A.A. Nepomnyashchy, "Exact solutions to a Muskat problem with line distributions of sinks and sources."
- Greg Moses '15Ph.D., adviser Dr. Todd Young, co-authored two papers: V. Afraimovich, G. Moses, T. Young, Two dimensional heteroclinic attractor in the generalized Lotka-Volterra system, Nonlinearity, Volume 29, (2016) 1645-1667, doi:10.1088/0951-7715/29/5/1645, and G. Moses, D. Scalfano, Cell cycle dynamics in a response/signaling feedback system with overlap, J. Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 5, No 3 (2016).
- Ying Xin, adviser Dr. Winfried Just, coauthored a paper: Just, W., Saldana, J. & Xin, Y., Oscillations in epidemic models with spread of awareness. J. Math. Biol. (2017).
- Ying Xin also spoke at several seminars, presented posters, and gave two conference talks: "Oscillations in epidemic models with spread of awareness" at Biology and Medicine through Mathematics Conference, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, May 2017, and "Influence of awareness that results from direct experience on the spread of epidemics" at the Forty-fourth Annual Mathematics Conference "Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems" at Miami University, Oxford, OH, September 2016
- Bismark Oduro `16Ph.D., adviser Dr. Just, presented a poster titled "A hysteresis-like effect for insect control strategies" at the annual Symposium on Biomathematics and Ecology: Education and Research, College of Charleston, SC, October 2016.
- Shehzad Ahmed, adviser Dr. Todd Eisworth, spoke at several seminars and gave two conference talks: "Club Guessing in Prikry Extensions" at the Association of Symbolic Logic, Joint Mathematics meeting, January of 2017, Atlanta, GA, and "Jonsson Cardinals and pcf Theory" at the Boise Extravaganza in Set Theory conference, June of 2016.