Fiscal Year 2013
Approximately 45 publications in various formats appeared in FY 2013. Faculty made approximately 40 presentations of various sorts during FY 2013, including many talks in international venues.
- Lin Wei is co-PI for OBR Improving Teacher Quality Program FY2012, Grant#12-37, G. D. Foley and W. Lin, Jan. 2013-May 2014, $179K.
- Jeff Connor is involved with two major grants involving teacher training: The Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Project, and the SEOCEMS Noyce Scholarship program.
- Robert Klein is involved with the Southeast Ohio Math Teachers' Circle ($36K OBR grant).
- Todd Young was appointed to the editorial board of Dynamical Systems: An International Journal.
- Todd Eisworth was an invited researcher at the Thematic Program on Forcing and its Applications held from July-December 2012 at the Fields Institute in Toronto. He also delivered a 50 minute invited address during the Workshop on Iterated Forcing and Large Cardinals held during this thematic program, and was also a plenary speaker at the 2013 BEST conference held in June 2013.
- Winfried Just (in collaboration with Sungwoo Ahn and David Terman) contributed a chapter to the book Mathematical Concepts and Methods in Modern Biology: Using Modern Discrete Models. The book was listed among the finalists in the category "Postgraduate Textbooks" for the annual award of the Society of Biology that celebrates the best biology, biosciences, and life sciences writing published the previous year.
- Robert Klein appointed to a two-year term on Ohio's Educator Standards Board as the Public University, College of Arts & Sciences representative.
- Archil Gulisashvili published the book Analytically Tractable Stochastic Stock Price Models.
- Annie Shen co-edited the book Multiscale Signal Analysis and Modeling.