ELIP Graduate Reading and Writing Courses
The English Language Improvement Program offers reading and writing courses to graduate students at Ohio University.
- ELIP 5100: Critical Reading and Analysis
- ELIP 5120: Graduate Reading and Writing
- ELIP 5140: Academic Writing in Graduate Studies (On Campus and Online)
- ELIP 5140: Academic Writing in Graduate Studies—Political Science
- ELIP 5140: Academic Writing in Graduate Studies—Public Administration
- ELIP 5160: Writing for Research
- ELIP 5160: Writing for Research—Science Section
- ELIP 5180: Professional Writing in Public Administration (Hybrid: Online and Face-to-Face)
ELIP Academic Communication Tutoring Services
The ELIP Academic Communication Tutoring Services offers writing and critical readings labs, including one-on-one writing tutoring sessions for all OHIO students in the Graduate Writing Lab and Critical Reading Lab. Online tutoring is also available. The Presentation & Pronunciation Lab offers one-on-one presentation and pronunciation tutoring sessions to students taking graduate oral communication courses.
Overview & Policies
The English Language Improvement Program in the Linguistics Department offers several courses to help graduate students develop the writing skills they need to succeed in their studies. In the courses, students are encouraged to work on writing assignments from discipline-related classes, and they receive individualized instruction.
These courses count toward required minimum credit hours needed for enrollment and do not affect the student's GPA as long as credit is attained. Students with questions about the classes can contact the English Language Improvement Program Director, Dr. Dawn Bikowski.