AGC Graduate Reading and Writing Courses
The Academic and Global Communication program offers reading and writing courses to graduate students at Ohio University.
- AGC 5100: Critical Reading and Analysis
- AGC 5120: Graduate Reading and Writing
- AGC 5140: Academic Writing in Graduate Studies (On Campus and Online)
- AGC 5140: Academic Writing in Graduate Studies—Political Science
- AGC 5160: Writing for Research and Publication
- AGC 5160: Writing for Research and Publication—Science Section
AGC Academic Communication Tutoring Services
The AGC Academic Communication Tutoring Services offers writing and critical readings labs, including one-on-one writing tutoring sessions for all OHIO students in the Graduate Writing Lab and Critical Reading Lab. Online tutoring is also available. The Presentation Lab offers one-on-one presentation and pronunciation tutoring sessions to students taking graduate oral communication courses.
Overview & Policies
The Academic and Global Communication program in the Linguistics Department offers several courses to help graduate students develop the writing skills they need to succeed in their studies. In the courses, students are encouraged to work on writing assignments from discipline-related classes, and they receive individualized instruction.
These courses count toward required minimum credit hours needed for enrollment and do not affect the student's GPA as long as credit is attained. Students with questions about the classes can contact the English Language Improvement Program.