RWSA 2021 Conference
The Rural Women’s Studies Association’s triennial conference on “Kitchen Table Talk to Global Forum” is May 13-15, 2021, in Guelph, Ontario.
RWSA Triennial Conference May 13-15, 2021
University of Guelph, Canada
“Kitchen Table Talk to Global Forum”
Save the date and join us at the University of Guelph, situated just 62 miles west of Toronto, for the 2021 Triennial Conference. Guelph is “Canada’s Food University” and is internationally recognized for its impact on agricultural sciences and rural life. The conference theme is “Kitchen Table Talk to Global Forum.”
The RWSA is an international association to advance rural women's and gender studies in a historical perspective. We welcome public historians, archivists, graduate students, rural organizations and communities as conference participants, as well as scholars from diverse fields including sociology, anthropology, literature, Indigenous Studies, and history.
- Proposals due May 31, 2020.
We encourage submissions focusing on:
- rural women and mental health
- rural women and food justice
- Indigenous women
- rural women and food tourism
- rural women and technological and biological innovation
- food production, preparation, rituals, hospitality, etiquette and display
- table talk issues concerning family, community, politics legislation and markets
For more information contact: Catharine Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals should be sent to email@example.com.
The conference is hosted by the University of Guelph and the Francis and Ruth Redelmeier Professorship in Rural History.