MFE Graduate Admissions
The application deadline for fall entry is March 1 for both domestic and international applicants. The deadline for spring entry is Oct. 15 for international applicants and Dec. 21 for domestic applicants.
- U.S. bachelor's equivalent degree from an accredited degree granting institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0. The equivalent of a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a scale of 4.0 is required.
- English Proficiency. Requirement on English proficiency for international students: TOEFL 550 (or 80 on the iBT, or 6.5 or greater across on all bands of the IELTS).
- A completed online application for admission: Official copies of all transcripts and graduation diploma and bachelor?s degree certificate are required in English (and Mandarin for XJTU and SDUFE 1+1 programs and Vietnamese for NEU 1+1). These documents should be issued by the degree granting university.
- Three letters of recommendation
- International Students: For the Graduate College to issue the certificate of eligibility, a completed financial support form, sponsor letters as applicable, and bank statements will be required. Information about these requirements can be found on the graduate international student expenses page.
- Personal Statement: State your education background, career objectives, and why you have chosen to pursue a master's degree in financial economics.
All graduate applications must be submitted electronically through the Graduate College.