Search within:

Graduate Chemistry Research Expectations

The normal grade for a graduate student in research is PR (progress toward degree); exceptional work will rate a grade (A, A-, B+) for completion of a paper, poster, or other research accomplishment as an example. However, faculty members are strongly encouraged not to give a letter grade until the student has completed all required coursework, unless research progress is deemed unacceptable by the faculty; in that case, a grade of B- or lower will be given. In addition, overall progress towards degree will be evaluated annually as initiated by the Graduate Chair. See research progress expectations.

Students must be registered for CHEM 6950/8950 during any semester in which they are using research facilities and/or resources.