Christina K. Wright
- MSA, Master of Sports Administration, Ohio University, 2010
- MBA, Ohio University, 2009
- BA, Public Communication, Minor in Statistics, The American University, 2007
- Sport Facility and Event Management
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Sport
- Leadership, Organizational Culture and Behavior
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Assurance of Learning and Assessment
- Lawrence-Benedict, H., & Wright, C.K. (writing in progress). It’s the little things: Creating an inclusive work culture in sport tourism (Part 2). National Association of Sports Commissions Playbook, Fall 2017.
- Lawrence-Benedict, H., & Wright, C.K. (2017, June 20). It’s the little things: Creating an inclusive work culture in sport tourism (Part 1). National Association of Sports Commissions Playbook, Summer 2017.
- Wright, C.K. (2005, April 23). Proceedings from National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR): The token athlete: Sports and performance-enhancing drugs. Asheville, NC: University of North Carolina at Asheville.
Presentations & Publications
- Wright, C. (2020, November 6). Your career GPS: Finding your path to success [Conference session]. ACE Ohio Women’s Network Virtual Conference, Cincinnati, OH, United States
- Wright, C. (2020, September 17). The manager’s guide to inclusive leadership: Small habits that make a big difference [Conference session]. National Sports Forum Virtual Fall Summit, San Diego, CA, United States.
- Lawrence-Benedict, H., Martin, B., & Wright, C. (2020, April 29). A tale of success and failure in cross-campus collaboration [Conference session]. Spotlight on Learning Conference, Athens, OH, United States.
- Lawrence, H. J., O’Reilly, & Wright, C. (2018-20). Ohio University Baker 1804 Grant. Interdisciplinary Festivals, Events and Entertainment Management undergraduate and graduate certificates. ($16,900 funded).
- 2020 Ohio University College of Business Faculty Excellence in Professional Activity and Service Award
- 2020 Ohio University Women’s Center Hidden Gem Award
- Sports Management Institute Executive Program Certificate, 2014
- Ohio University Dr. James Mason Award, 2010
- NACWAA Administrator of Tomorrow Award-Division I-FCS, 2009
- BCA Ethnic Minority Postgraduate Scholarship, 2008
- NACDA John McLendon Memorial Minority Postgraduate Scholarship, 2007
- NCAA Minority and Women’s Enhancement Postgraduate Scholarship for Careers in Athletics, 2007
- American University Stafford H. Cassell Award, 2007
- American University Multicultural Affairs/International Student and Scholar Services Scholar-Athlete Award, 2007
- American University Executive Director’s Award of Excellence, 2006
Christina Wright (she/her/hers) is an Assistant Professor of Instruction, DSA Career Coach, COSMA Director & Assessment Coordinator, and Multicultural Faculty-in-Residence in the College of Business at Ohio University (OHIO). As a scholar practitioner, Christina teaches a variety of undergraduate and graduate sports business courses including facilities and events, diversity and inclusion, governance and public policy and capstone, both in-person and online. She leads a variety of experiential learning opportunities working events in the sports and entertainment industry, as well as co-leads a new interdisciplinary undergraduate certificate program in Festivals, Events and Entertainment Management. Christina is an established national voice in sport diversity and inclusion having led more than 100 webinars, workshops, conference sessions, executive trainings and coaching, as an invited speaker and facilitator.
She currently serves on the National Sports Forum (NSF) Steering Committee, the Ohio University SAFM Alumni Advisory Board and is chair emeritus for the NSF’s Business of Diversity in Sports and Entertainment (BDSE) committee. In 2020, Christina was appointed to the College Emojis, Inc. Advisory Board and serves as an alumna representative on the Patriot League’s Anti-Racism Commission.
Christina returned to her alma mater after spending six years at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). At the NCAA, Christina served as the resident “career coach,” responsible for training and development of the national office staff, staff engagement, internal communications and performance management. In previous roles at the NCAA, she has served as program and grants administrator, oversaw community and youth initiatives for the men’s and women’s Final Four and College World Series, and was responsible for several initiatives related to educational program evaluation and metrics. In January 2012, she became adjunct faculty in the Department of Sports Administration at OHIO, teaching courses in the online Professional Master of Sports Administration (PMSA) program.
Completing the MBA/MSA dual degree program at OHIO in 2010, Christina was the creative services graduate assistant for the AECOM Center for Sports Administration. In 2009, she served as an event management intern at The Ohio State University. Prior to enrolling at OHIO, Christina was a part of the NCAA Postgraduate Internship Program in diversity and inclusion. Christina received her bachelor of arts in public communication from American University in Washington, D.C. A four-year letter winner and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) representative of the women’s indoor and outdoor track team, Christina finished her throwing career as the school record holder in the indoor and outdoor shot-put, and second on the All-time best list for discus.