- PhD, Business Administration (Marketing/International Business) The University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, 2019
- MBA, Management-EGADE Business School -Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, 2012
- MA, International Relations and Area Studies- Kyung Hee University, 2009
- BS, International Business-The University of Akron, 2004
- BA, Spanish Language and Literature-The University of Akron, 2004
Business Ethics, Consumer Behavior Research, and Hispanic Markets.
Presentations & Awards
- Presidential Scholarship, The University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, August 2015-June 2016
- Secretaría de Educación Pública- Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT) Programa Nacional de Posgrados de Calidad, Mexican government scholarship for MBA study, September 2011-December 2012
- Tong E. Lee Award, Highest GPA in my graduating class, Kyung Hee University, August 2009
- Full Tuition Academic Scholarship, Kyung Hee University, August 2007-August 2009
- Full Tuition Academic Scholarship, Institute for Global Business Scholarship, The University of Akron/Goodyear Tires, August 1999-August 2004
- Robles-Avila, Sergio Enrique. "Consumer Response to the Disposal of Potentially Harmful Products: The Product Life-Cycle, Consumer Activism, and Subjective Well-Being across Borders." PhD diss., The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, 2019.
Dr. Robles began teaching marketing courses as a PhD student at the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV). For three years, he taught professional development courses to undergraduate students to help them secure their first jobs in marketing. Upon completing his PhD, Dr. Robles got his first job at the Farmer School of Business at Miami University in Oxford, OH. There, he taught client-based business courses to freshman. At Ohio University, Dr. Robles teaches consumer behavior courses and also is a faculty advisor at the Center for Consumer Research and Analytics.
Apart from academia, Dr. Robles has worked in consulting. At the University of Texas-Pan American, he worked for the Office of Technology Transfer. He conducted prior art searches, patent research, and developed marketing strategies for university-developed innovations. Additionally, he worked for three years as an External Consultant for the Asian Development Bank. He conducted field research in the People's Republic of China, Korea, Malaysia, India, Mongolia, and Vietnam to help develop government policies for Human Resource Development, Science and Technology Policies, and Information Technology Development.