- MBA, Ohio University, 2008
- BA, Management and Marketing, Marietta College, 2005
Mary Haines is an Athens, Ohio native and faculty member in the Marketing Department at Ohio University. She teaches Introduction to Marketing Management in the Integrated Business Cluster, Digital Marketing, and Consumer Behavior in the College of Business.
Prior to her work in higher education, Mary worked as a Controller for a small company in the Vending Industry. She also worked in the insurance industry working with group health insurance, and she worked in the banking industry as a Commercial Loan Operations Specialist and an office manager.
Mary’s strong work ethic and passion for teaching drives her to inspire students and those around her to work at their highest potential to reach their goals.
Ohio Digital Marketing Agency (ODMA) Co-founder and Faculty Advisor
Mary is the co-founder and faculty advisor of ODMA. The agency was formed to create a pipeline of students to be ready to work in the digital marketing industry after graduation. The agency is a student-driven agency built upon four pillars of excellence. Those pillars include career readiness, education, networking, and real-world experience.
Ohio Women in Business (OWIB) Faculty Advisor
Haines has been the faculty advisor for the OWIB student organization since the summer of 2017. As the faculty advisor my role is to work closely with the OWIB executive team and the almost 100 student members. The purpose of OWIB is the attract, develop, and launch young women in their college and professional careers.
Phi Chi Theta (PCT) Faculty Advisor
Mary began the role of Faculty Advisor in the Fall of 2019. My role is to support the executive team of PCT. In addition, I am the contact person for the National Chapter. The purpose of the business fraternity is to promote the cause of higher business education and training for any individual.
- Speak as Well as you Think Certified
- HubSpot Certifications: Social Media Marketing, Inbound, and Inbound Marketing
Refereed Publications & Presentations
- Ware, L.J., Collins, D., Raffle, H., Holt, N.A., Wandersman, A., Haines, M.Y. (2017). Assessing Community Capacity and Readiness to Engage in the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) Among Ohio’s Rural and Appalachian Counties. Journal of Community Practice. – This is sponsored research that is highly disseminated.
- Ware, L. J., Collins, D., Raffle, H., Holt, N. A., & Haines, M. Y. (2016). Community capacity and readiness to engage in the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) among Ohio's rural and Appalachian counties. Athens, OH: Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs at Ohio University.
- Haines, M., Meek, S., Peuschel, A., Roberts, J., & Schacht, K. (2020, April 29). Tools and techniques to maximize teaching connections [Session III]. 2020 Spotlight on Learning Conference, Athens, OH, United States. https://www.ohio.edu/center-teaching-learning/programs-events/spotlight-on-learning-conference (2020 conference cancelled)
- “Televised CrossFit Competitions Have the Potential to (Tire)Flip Masculine Hegemony on Its Head.” Accepted for presentation to the Sports Interest Group at Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication National Convention, San Francisco, August 2015.
- Kotchka Fellow, 2021
- Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Nominee 2021