- MSA, Ohio University
- MBA, Ohio University
- BBA, Marketing, James Madison University
- BS, Kinesiology, James Madison University
- Instructor, University of Charleston
- Sports and Event Planning Professional
- Career management in sport
- Sport sponsorship
- Consumer behavior
- Experiential Learning in Sports Management Education
• Wanless, L., Seifried, C, Bouchet, A., Valeant, A., & Naraine, M. (April 2022). The diffusion of natural language processing in professional sport. Sport Management Review.
• Valeant, A., & Kahler, J. (2021, August). Event Sponsorship. In H. Lawrence-Benedict & M. Wells (Eds.). Event management blueprint: Creating and managing successful sports events (3rd). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
• Kahler, J. & Brackley, A. (2015, August). Event Sponsorship. In H. Lawrence-Benedict & M. Wells (Eds). Event management blueprint: Creating and managing successful sports events (2nd).
• 2021 – Ohio University College of Business Recognition of Outstanding Teaching
• 2020 – Ohio University College of Business Senior Class Outstanding Faculty Recipient
• 2020 – Ohio University Women’s Center Empowering Women Award Recipient
• 2019 – Ohio University Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching Nominee
• 2019 – Athens News Best Professor Finalist • 2014 – University of Charleston Most Influential Professor Award Nominee
• 2012 – University of Charleston Service Learning Project Award Recipient
Professor Valeant joined OHIO from the University of Charleston where she served as an Instructor in the College of Business & Leadership and Assistant Softball Coach. Her responsibilities included teaching a wide array of undergraduate business administration and sports administration classes, advising and mentoring students, serving on a number of campus-wide committees, and facilitating student practicum opportunities with the university’s NCAA Division II Athletic Department.
Prior to joining the University of Charleston, Valeant worked full-time as a sports and event planning professional in various business development and marketing roles for the New York Road Runners, Sponsorship Direct, GMR Marketing, ESPN, and the Charlotte Knights.
Valeant has also done consulting work for dozens of sports organizations including but not limited to: the Professional Bull Riders Association, 2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games, National Sports Forum, and the New Orleans Super Bowl Committee.
During her time at OHIO, Valeant has helped to mentor hundreds of students and has taught almost a dozen different classes at the undergraduate level. In addition, she has played an active role in providing experiential learning opportunities to students with the Southern Ohio Copperheads, Bobcat Sports Consulting, Germany Global Consulting Project, and the San Diego Sports Consulting Project.
Outside of work, Valeant enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and giving back to her local community. Valeant resides in Athens with her husband Ryan and beagle Beans.